Weekly Memo: 02/08/16-02/12/16
"Overcome Mediocrity & Redefine Excellence"
Message From: Ms. Stewart, Principal
IF YOU ARE IRRITATED BY EVERY RUB , HOW WILL YOU BE POLISHED? - RUMI
Additional messages this week are from our very own January 2016 Extra Milers...
Ms. Nelson, Ms. Cheng,, Mr Lacroix, Ms. Hargrove, & Ms. Vasquez!
Check out their videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSFcge-DJmz4ZmNQDm1YAsA?app=desktop
Here's a clip of the intro from Wednesday's S.T.E.A.M. PD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvcxjxlctnRlhna0ZFa09nTVE
BE IN THE KNOW... UPDATES & INFORMATION
- Unit & Lesson Plans: Plans should be uploaded to your respective folders in Drive. Lesson plans must be uploaded on Sundays by 6pm. Click here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By26LahbjNXAQ2xyNE83cmxpQk0
- Feedback: Ms. Schwartz & Ms. Barrow will conduct walkthroughs to monitor lesson delivery & execution. Once the feedback is shared you should respond with next steps by the end of the day.
- At-Risk Student Referral: All students who are not responding to Tier 1 & Tier 2 academic & behavioral interventions must be referred to the Code Blue Team. Please review the process by Clicking: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xg09PhuwoGaEoTgNWqjVn9rXM30lCXOx3nS1MA5vamA
- K-2 Formal Assessment Calendar Modified: Grades K-2 Round 1 formal observations continues this week. See calendar... Click here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1li2Jl2GwEfbLUVOVbctYhmQ548ezF-Jz9KqIQ-RoZpk
- K-5 Student Growth Challenge: Winners could not be determined because results of the 1st round data was not inputted into the following spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I45013YVWbBHiJw2Sux9EK_zlcyNwo8JOoex9PQmhyM
- Please input all student data resulting from the Round of the Student Growth Challenge.
- K-2: Growth for your Bubble Kids from January CCRs should be submitted.
- 3-5 Growth from the ELA NY Rehearsal Mock Exams should be submitted.
Monday, February 8, 2016
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade S.T.E.M. Extended Learning Experience to United Skates. K&1 scholars will not attend Monday Assembly. Immediately after breakfast they should be escorted to their classes. Please see Ms. Constantine's email with further direction and information. Busses will depart at 9:00am and return by 2:00pm.
- 3-5 Ability Based Grouping: The focus should reflect the current ELA standard & Math topic from Envision. Students should not be sent off to work independently without a reteach or extension lesson. Weekly progress monitoring must take place.
- NY ELA Rehearsal Mock Exam #2 Scoring: Book 1 data entered into trackers by Friday, 2/4/16. Book 2 by 2/5/16; Book 3 by 2/8/16.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- EduCanon @New Hope!: See Agenda here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XYy-b-n5d9cPE6Xx2Ze9ez3XSWUo53f-QBGYTwYl-qQ
- 2nd & 3rd Grade S.T.E.M. Extended Learning Experience to United Skates. Busses will depart at 9:00am and return by 2pm.
- K Common Planning:
- Period 1: ELA Planning with Ms. Schwartz (Focus: Fundations: Please bring the following: 1) Lesson Plans 2) Laptop with completed Fundations data trackers 3) Calendars for February-June: Click here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvcxjxlctnSG12VFEtaVF2dTA 4) Expeditionary Learning I Can Statements.
- Period 2: Math Planning with Ms. Barrow (Focus: Curriculum Planning & Pacing). Please bring the following: 1) Lesson Plans 2) Calendars for February-June: Click here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvcxjxlctnSG12VFEtaVF2dTA 3) Expeditionary Learning I Can Statements.
- K-5 Data Tracking: ALL CCR data from current to past must be inputted into spreadsheet provided by Nigel, data specialist. The trackers shared by Ms. Vasquez should be used. Please see Ms. Vasquez or Ms. Giarrizzo for support.
- S.T.E.A.M. Team meeting in the Science Lab at 4:30pm.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- 4th & 5th Grade S.T.E.M. Extended Learning Experience to United Skates. Busses will depart at 9:00am and return by 2pm.
- K-5 Team Planning should focus on the following:
Thursday, February 11, 2016
- 3-5 Common Planning: Period 1 with Math coaches Ms. Barrow, Jeanette & Lyndsey; Period 2 with Ms. Schwartz (Creating Pacing Calendar with Target Standards from Mock Exam #2)
- Curriculum/Instruction, Professional Development & Data/Assessment Team Meetings. All three meetings will be held in NYU space permitted.
- Update Email Signature to include NHACS Social Media links by following the instruction here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5hvcxjxlctnQWpuckV2UFlkZHBsdVZKRmhQeVd4X3hac2pn
Professional Development Opportunities: NYC Special Education Collaborative
- If you are interested in registering for any of the sessions, please submit a request fthrough Zenefits.
- Please seek prior approval especially if the PD falls on a New Hope Saturday Academy Day.