North Clackamas Christian School Newsletter AUGUST 2019
Welcome to 2019/20 School Year!
We are excited to welcome our new and returning families to the 2019/20 school year!
Each month, you can expect to receive this newsletter, Saints Calling, with information about what is happening at the school. We will also send out periodic emails with specific details for items that need your attention. If at any time you have questions about items noted in the newsletter, please contact our Office Manager or Administrator.
God continues to bless our school with an amazing community of parents, students and staff. Here is a list of our dedicated faculty and what they will teach in the upcoming school year.
2019/20 NCCS Faculty:
Preschool- Debbie Stark
Kindergarten- Kathy Maroni
1st Grade- Holli Plunkett
2nd Grade- Theresa Horak
3rd Grade- Angela Kelley
4th Grade- Caitlin Burns
5th Grade- Merrilee Klusmann
6th Grade- Arika Nelson
Athletic Director, PE and Jr High Bible- Grant Nelson
Jr High English and Bible, Academic Advisor- Rebekah Hardy
Jr/Sr High Science- Keri Bures
Jr/Sr High Social Studies- Bess Wexenfelter
Jr/Sr High Math- TBD
High School Bible and School Chaplain- Mike Cha
High School English, Yearbook, ASB - Holly Mee
Secondary Choir, Elementary Art and Music - Becky Steele
Spanish, Health, and Secondary Art- Margaret Hespen
Band- Andy Hordichok
Library- Ann Davis
What's happening at NCCS? Please check out our LIVE calendar on ParentsWeb for all events.
1st Day of School and Other Information
We are excited to begin a new school year at NCCS!
Please make note that the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS A FULL DAY, SEPTEMBER 3.
- We will have Coffee Kickoff in the gym for parents, 8:15-9:15 am. Once students are in class, parents are welcome into the gym for coffee, to drop of forms, to sign up for volunteer activities, to get information about the school year, and to enjoy fellowship with other parents, support staff, and administration.
- School Pictures are the morning of Sept. 3. See order form and information link below.
- The AM and PM Extended Day Program (EDP) will begin on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Please REGISTER NOW if you plan to use this program anytime during the school year. EDP FEES have been set for the year.
- Friday, Sept. 6, at 6 pm, will be BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT! This event includes a family potluck, a brief Society Meeting with a welcome message from the Board of Trustees and administration with introduction of staff, a kids movie night in the gym, and parent orientation sessions with teachers in classrooms. This is something you don't want to miss. Look for a specific email about the BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT 2019!
School Forms and Information
Please take some time to complete these forms as you prepare for the first day of school. You may print these forms and fill them out, then just drop them off on Sept. 3, with our office staff. If you want hard copies of these documents, we will have them available on Sept. 3, at Coffee Kickoff. We have also included important information to get the school year started strong. Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance.
Links for ordering:
See attachments below for items pertaining to your family:
-Off Campus Lunch Permission (Grades 11 & 12)
-Prescription and Over the Counter Medication Form
-Technology Parent Permission Form (Required - ALL STUDENTS)
-Adult Volunteer Required Forms
-EDP Policy Form
-ParentsWeb Login Directions
- The updated Parent/Student Handbook will be sent in another email soon, along with a form to sign that it has been read by the student and parent. This form is due to the school office on the first day of school.
- A new online Athletics Registration has been developed! Watch for a special email to announce when it will be available for this new school year. For now, please use the current available (paper) forms for registration and access information through ParentsWeb.
Please let us know how we can help you make this a successful year.
Jr/Sr High School Vice Principal: Kevin Rice (Ext 214)
Athletic Director: Grant Nelson (Ext 201)
Business Office Manager: Emily Clark (Ext 202)
Office Manager: McKenzie Falotico (Ext 100)
Interim Office Manager: Susan VanSickle (Ext 100)
Front Office Reception: Beth Woody (Ext 601)