Volume 3, Issue 21 - December 13, 2020
A Message from Dr. Lowry
I hope this newsletter finds you in good health and happiness as we approach our last days of the fall semester. Please make sure you take a look at the exam schedule for this week as each day is a little different. Both KVA and F2F learners will follow this schedule to know when and what time each class period will meet next week.
Furthermore, know that Friday is a half-day for junior high students and they will be dismissed at 1:05 PM.
Lastly, please make sure your student is staying on top of their grades and attendance. Before you know it, the first half of the school year will be over and we will be entering the 2021 spring semester. If you need any assistance prior to the break, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Our next Timberwolf Times Newsletter will be sent out on Sunday, January 3rd. I hope all of our Timberwolves and their families have an outstanding holiday break and we are all looking forward to seeing everyone again on Tuesday, January 5th.
Dr. Andrew Lowry
WoodCreek Junior High
This Week in Timberwolf Nation
*NOTE: There will be no tutorials before school this week*
Monday, December 14
- Holiday Spirit Day - Wear Holiday Socks!
Tuesday, December 15
- Holiday Spirit Day - Flannel Day!
- Exams - 6th and 8th Periods
Wednesday, December 16
- Holiday Spirit Day - Dress Like a Candy Cane!
- Exams - 7th and 2nd Periods
Thursday, December 17
- Holiday Spirit Day - Holiday Headwear!
- Exams - 3rd and 1st Periods
Friday, December 11
- Holiday Spirit Day - Light It Up!
- Exams - 4th and 5th Periods
- EARLY DISMISSAL - Final Bell is at 1:05pm
Beginning January 5th, 2021, students will be charged $1 for a temporary ID badge.
If your child has lost their ID, they can purchase a new one for $3 by scanning this QR code and completing the form. They can also purchase a replacement lanyard for an additional $2.
2020-21 Katy ISD Junior High Exam Schedule
Note - There will be no before-school tutorials during Exam Week
WCJH Holiday Spirit Week - December 14-18!
PTA Gift Card Collection
Please click here for our library procedures to check out library books.
Please keep in mind, these procedures may change depending on the needs of the school or due to a change in guidance from Katy ISD.
From the WCJH Counseling Team
Would you like to learn more about the WoodCreek Junior High counseling team? Are you interested in hearing more about the services our counseling department has to offer? Would you like to discover some helpful parenting resources? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should visit the WCJH Counselor Website by clicking this link or on the picture below: https://woodcreekcounselor.weebly.com/
FREE COVID TESTING FOR KATY ISD ENROLLED STUDENTS
Katy ISD is offering enrolled students free COVID-19 testing services beginning on Monday, November 9th at the Katy ISD Agricultural Sciences Center at 5801 Katy Hockley Cut-Off Rd.
Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
To help expedite free student COVID-19 testing, while practicing social distancing at the testing site, Katy ISD has established a Student COVID-19 Testing Sign-Up Form that allows families to secure an appointment time for their student(s). A direct link can be found on the Katy ISD homepage.
COVID-19 Self-Reporting APP - Notifications & Information
The District has a COVID-19 Reporting System in place to allow staff, students and parents to self-report if they have received a COVID-19 positive test result. The self-reporting system enables the District’s Emergency Management team to conduct contact tracing, as well as call and notify individuals in Katy ISD buildings who may have been directly exposed to the infected person. A general email notification is also sent to campus staff and families whenever the district is informed of a potential “indirect” COVID-19 exposure in their building. Receipt of the general notification alone indicates that the recipient was not in close contact to the COVID-19 positive case reported for their building.
Note About School/Athletic Bus Transportation & Rules
Students may only ride the bus they are assigned to at this time. Due to COVID 19 protocols, students will not be allowed to bring a note to school to ride the bus home with a friend. Parents may call transportation services for further inquiries on this matter.
Also due to COVID-19 protocols, students who normally would ride a bus to/from an athletic or other UIL/Extracurricular event have the opportunity to opt out and have a parent transport them instead. If you choose this option for your student, please click here to fill out the form.
Bus Rules for 2020-2021
- Mask/Face covering should be worn on the bus and the bus stop, until further notice.
- Observe the same conduct as in the classroom including cell phone use.
- Enter the bus and immediately go to the assigned seat.
- Talk in a normal tone of voice.
- Remain seated and facing forward in the assigned seat until time to exit the bus.
- Keep head, hands, feet, and other objects to oneself; do not tamper with bus equipment.
- Use acceptable language; obscene, profane, unacceptable language and/or gestures are prohibited.
- Refrain from eating and/or drinking on the bus; keep the bus clean.
- Refrain from throwing objects within the bus or out of the windows.
- Follow all rules outlined in the District’s Discipline Management Plan and Student Code of Conduct, as well as safety rules established by the driver.
- Arrive at your bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled stop-time and wait a safe distance from where the bus stops. 5 giant steps away from the stop is a good rule.
- When the bus arrives, do not approach it until the bus has come to a complete stop. Form a single line and board the bus. Go directly to a seat and sit in a safe position. If seats are equipped with seatbelts, they must be worn at all times as required by law.
- When it is time to get off of the bus, wait until it comes to complete stop before getting up from your seat.
Contact Email and Questions
Be sure to visit the Katy ISD Smart Restart page often, as the district updates it frequently with the latest information about KVA, In-Person school, Athletics, Fine Arts, Safety Protocols, links to newsletters and more.
Katy Virtual Academy Questions
Special Education Questions
Mission Statement: WoodCreek Junior High, in partnership with the community, parents, and students, will provide a safe, positive, engaging learning environment that is devoted to empowering each student to become a productive, responsible, respectful citizen while achieving academic excellence.
WCJH Administrative Team
Dr. Andrew Lowry Principal
Tim Chesser Assistant Principal - Student Support
Lauren Merriman Assistant Principal - 6th grade and 8th grade M-Z
Stephanie McDonald Assistant Principal - 7th grade and 8th grade A-L
Jodi Slaughter Counselor - 8th Grade
Brittany Waddell Counselor - 7th Grade
Jessie Clay Counselor - 6th Grade