Union Park School Toro Times
January 8, 2021
Monday, Jan. 11 - Friday, Jan. 15: Virtual Learning @ 8:15am.
- Students will be expected to Zoom with their teachers each day for each subject.
- Young Rembrandts, Soccer, and Chess Club are cancelled during the two weeks of virtual learning. Community Education will contact families for rescheduling or refunds.
- Curbside Lunch Service pick-up @ Norterra Canyon (M, T, Th 11-1pm), Sonoran Foothills (M, T, Th 11:45-12:45), or Barry Goldwater High School (M-F 10:30-12:30)
Friday, Jan. 15: Early Release Day (1:30pm)
Monday, Jan. 18: NO SCHOOL- MLK Day
Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021: Return to In-Person Learning!
Drop-Off & Pick-Up at Union Park
Happy Friday, Toro Families!
As we have had so many new families join us over the past couple of months, we thought it would be nice to send a friendly refresher out to everyone regarding our drop-off and pick-up procedures. Please click on the picture to watch a quick video that explains how we do this safely, quickly, and efficiently.
- Please pull as far up in line (to the end of the gym) as you can in order to drop-off and pick-up
- Please have masks on, lunches/water in hand, and backpack ready by the time you reach the front of the school.
- Please have your children open their doors and hop out once you are stopped in the drop-off area.
- Once you have dropped-off or picked-up your children, you may cautiously drive around others and head out.
- If you choose to line-up early, please allow kindergarten parents to be in front, as they are first to pick their children up at 2:50pm.
- Please try not to block the preschool pick-up area, as their pick-up time is at 2:50pm.
- Please consider having your children take the bus to and from school if the bus stop is in your neighborhood. Seats are assigned for siblings to sit together as well as to allow for social distancing.
The School Store is Open!
Spanish Immersion Program Enrollment
Please click the link or contact Michelle in our front office for a Spanish Immersion Enrollment form for the 2021-22 School Year at (623) 445-5806.
Students who reside within the school's boundaries will be accepted into the immersion program in the order in which their application was received. After December 18, 2020, open enrollment students will also be accepted to the program in the order in which their application was received. Priority will be given to those who reside within the district's boundaries. There is no priority given to siblings for enrollment in special programs.