The Crissman Connection
September 23, 2022
It was a great week! I would like to thank the Kindness crew for a great assembly kicking off our Raise Craze Fundraiser! The students loved coming together and hearing all about the fantastic things that they can do to spread kindness to Crissman, our Community and our World!
We are hoping to get 1,000 Acts of Kindness!
A Little Spot of Kindness by Diane Alber
Save the Dates
- 9/26- Drawing with Young Rembrants (every Monday)
- 9/26- Raise Craze STARTS
- 9/28-Fire Drill
- 9/30- NED Assembly (Virtual)
- 10/4-PTA Service Night
- 10/6-Crissman Skate Night 6pm-8pm
- 10/10- Picture Day (Retake Nov. 29th)
- 10/12-Applebee's PTA Resturant Night 4pm-9pm
- 10/19- NO SCHOOL
- 10/27-Kindergarten Field Trip (Westview Orchards)
- 10/28- 1/2 Day of School
- 10/31- 1/2 Day of School
Morning Drop-Off Starts at 9:00am
We have made arrangements with staff for coverage to start at 9:00am. Please honor this agreement.
When entering Crissman...
UCS Wellness Team
The UCS Wellness team is happy to announce the seventh episode of their podcast series. The team worked with community members to create a podcast regarding different areas of physical, mental, and social health for UCS staff, students, and families. These podcasts are available on the UCS Wellness page.
The seventh podcast in the series is titled “Our Youth and Vaping.” Below is a list of the podcasts available on the Wellness page:
- Mental Health with guest, Nancy Buyle
- Grief and the Grieving Process for Children
- Family Communication
- CARE of Southeastern Michigan
- Discussing Dating Violence with Turning Point
- Tackling Tough Topics with the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office
- Our Youth and Vaping
Elementary Handbook Reminder to 5th and 6th Grade
Taken from the Handbook: A student’s right to a public education carries with it a responsibility to know and observe school rules. These rules help minimize distractions that disrupt learning and help to maintain a safe learning environment.
The handbook is below for reference.
We Need You!
Crissman would love for you to join our team and be a lunch supervisor! The hours are from 12:00 pm-1:15 pm. We are flexible with days and provide lots of smiles and hugs.
Lunch Monitors are an important part of safety, service, and supervision of students during eating and recess times. We will work with your schedule to fill our daily allocation of positions. Click below on the Edu Staff button to apply.
CRISSMAN PTA INFORMATION
Raise Craze at a Glance
Dates: September 26 - October 7 (Pre-registration started 9/22!)
Our Goal: $25,000 and 1,000 acts of kindness
PTA News and Info
Crissman Elementary PTA
Interested in Volunteering? Sign up here!
- REGISTER FOR RAISE CRAZE NOW: https://my.raisecraze.com/AW4QYUK/
- Register for Raise Craze by Tuesday 9/27 at 10pm (75% class registration = extra outdoor recess!)
- Family Service Night and Beyond Juicery + Eatery Food Truck, 9/28 at 5:30 p.m.
- Family Service Night, 10/4 at 5:30 p.m.
- Raise Craze Match Day with The Dog House, 10/5