Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
September 15, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- Looking for help! The PTO needs help on the day and night of Open House. We're looking for folks to arrange the Harvest Fair in the morning, people to sort and distribute mums, people to work in the kitchen preparing and serving dinner, and someone to help at the apparel table. If you have even just a half hour or so that you can help out, please contact the PTO at email@example.com
- The Harvest Fair will be held in the morning. All students are encouraged to bring in something they grew in their gardens this summer, something they made from natural items growing in their yard, or a piece of art they made highlighting something grown.
- Mum pickup~if you have ordered mums from the PTO...thank you! Be sure to stop by the school between 4:30-6:00 to pick them up. All mums must be paid for prior to pickup.
- Before going to Open House, be sure to stop by the cafeteria to eat dinner. Dinner orders must be placed by 5:00 on Monday and payment is due with the orders. On Wednesday, orders can be picked up between 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Open House will be held between 6:00-7:00. Be sure to visit your child's classrooms, have them give you a tour of the school, and meet their teachers and classmates.
- Colrain Central School apparel will be available for purchase throughout the evening. Be sure to stop by and grab a CCS sweathshirt, T-shirt, or hat to show off your school spirit and Colrain Central pride!
It is my understanding that the morning run should not be too effected and buses should be arriving at school on time. However, the afternoon run will be delayed. Most of you should expect your child to arrive home at least 20 minutes later than normal. I'm expecting this to be an evolving process as we see how the project unfolds. I appreciate your patience as we navigate this together. If you wish to change your child's dismissal plans, please be sure to reach out to Mrs. White in the front office.
From Leann Loomis, Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Parent Rights and Responsibilities workshop will be held Tuesday, October 3rd
In person at Mohawk Trail Regional and Virtually -
Annual Parent Rights and Responsibility Training
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/mby-cuxg-pkm
Or dial: (US) +1 276-695-5147 PIN: 369 643 542#
SEPAC is up and running. Be on the lookout for their next meeting date.
You will be receiving a letter in the mail with the Annual Rights and Responsibilities.
Special Education Contact Information
Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Assistant to Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Mohawk Trail District
Early Childhood Coordinator and Liaison
Mohawk Trail District
9/18: Construction on route 112 begins
9/18: PTO dinner orders due
9/20: 8:30 am: Harvest Fair
9/20: 4:30-6:00 pm: Mum pickup (orders must be placed by 9/15)
9/20: 5:00-6:00 pm: Dinner in cafe (orders must be placed by 9/18)
9/20: 6:00-7:00 Open House
9/22: Instrumental Rental Night at BSE
1:50 dismissals: 9/20, 9/27