Baltz Sunday Storytime
and Weekly Announcements April 24, 2022
Things You Should Know This Week
Hello Baltz Families!
We are excited to get back to school tomorrow April 25th. In the days ahead, we will have lots of learning, testing, and fun events as we head to the end of the school year.
Sharing Some Big News - our School Counselor Mrs. Papa will be retiring! Her last day will be this Friday. She has a special message which will be shared with students tomorrow morning to let them know. We thank Mrs. Papa for all she has done for the students and staff at Baltz. We will miss Mrs. Papa!
Kindergarten Registration Event - Do you have a child who will be in Kindergarten this fall? Please bring them in on Thursday 4/28 between 4:15-6:15pm to get registered, have a tour, and more!
Baltz Summer Program Applications- thanks to all who returned the forms. We will send out Confirmation or Wait List notices next week.
Mark your Calendars:
- April 28 - Kindergarten Registration Event - 4:15-6:15
- April 29th - MTSS Play Day (in School Monthly Event)
- May 2nd State Testing Begins for students in Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5.
- May 2-May 6th - Educator Appreciation Week
- May 3rd - Baltz Bears PTA Meeting on Zoom 5:30 pm
Unified Arts Special Schedule for this week:
(PE, Art, Music, Library, and the Learning Lab)
Do you know which day your child has PE? Please have them wear sneakers to school on PE day.
Monday 4/25 = Day 1
Tuesday 4/26 = Day 2
Wednesday 4/27 = Day 3
Thursday 4/28= Day 4
Friday 4/29 = Day 5
Safe Footwear- Please make sure that your child wears safe shoes to school. Shoes should be sturdy and cover your child's whole foot. No flip flops, open toed sandals, slides, clogs are allowed. More details of the dress code are listed below. Scroll way down.
Mask Wearing is now optional in school. Click here to view district communications regarding updated policies.
- Click here to view a copy of the message to families in English and Spanish.
- Updated Process Maps COVID-19 Process Maps for Red Clay Students/Staff redclayschools.com/covid19.
Covid 19- Health Screener
Every day before sending your child to school you must do the Covid-19 Screener! If your child does not pass the screener, they must stay at home until cleared by a physician or until receiving a negative Covid Test.
- School Doors open at 8:45. There is no supervision outside before 8:45. Walkers should not arrive at school before 8:45.
- Students will go outside to play during recess, as weather permits. Please send your child with weather appropriate clothing for outdoor play.
Scroll down to learn more about:
- Baltz Bears PTA- Get the Box Tops App to earn money for our school
- Welcome to Kindergarten Event
- State Testing Schedule
- Daily Covid-19 Screener info for Staff and Students
- Baltz Title 1 School Information
- Resources for Parents: Dress Code Details, Links for the General Parent Handbook and the MTSS (Positive Behavior ) Parent handbooks and other parent resources
Translation Tools / HERRAMIENTAS DE TRADUCCIÓN
Para ver este boletín semanal en español u otro idioma, use estas herramientas:
Kindergarten Registration Event 4.28.22
State Testing (Smarter Balanced) Begins Next Week!
Daily Covid-19 Screener
Baltz Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy, Baltz Title 1 Parent, Teacher & School Compact, Title 1 Brochure for Parents, Red Clay Parent Engagement Policy & Red Clay Federal Programs Complaint Procedures
Resources for Parents
Dress Code Details
Click here to review policies for Baltz Elementary.
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz in Spanish!