September 15th, 2017
Classroom Organization Teaching Practice: I provide a visual schedule and use it to help children understand what is currently happening in class and what will happen throughout the day.
It's important to keep things fresh and interesting. Try to have many different types of centers, but only have some available every week. When a new week rolls around, keep some centers and replace others. For those that make a frequent appearance, switch it up by changing the materials and activities within them.
Besides changing centers and activities every week, you can:
- Change all or some centers every day, a few times a week, or every month.
- Change all or some center activities every day, a few times a week, or every month.
- Have all centers be permanent, adding them gradually over time.
- Have some centers be permanent, and vary others by subject, theme, or interest.
- Have some centers available once a week, and other centers available more than once a week.
- Split centers in half, and do each half every other day.