Summit Middle School
Library and Technology News - Student Edition
Students and Parents,
The library has been busy with students checking out books and classes coming in for lessons and other activities. Mrs. Phagan's and Ms. Shirley's classes celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. day activities with us and we all enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate. Mrs. Cash's Art students participated in a walk through art gallery. It was great to see the amazing artwork of our students.
This month we will have research lessons with the 8th grade English classes, book talks with Literacy students and we are looking forward to Mrs. Broersma's Invention Convention.
Don't forget to turn in your library books. I will send reminders out again this month for books that are late or lost.
On February 3rd, join millions around the world as we celebrate the power of reading aloud.
Summit Teachers' Book Recommendations
Students, make sure you come see the book recommendations from Mrs Harrell,
Ms. Weber, Mr. Denker and Mrs. Milam.
February Book Recommendations
This month's virtual book recommendation is a little different. Students can choose
which path to take and then view books from that category.
Top 10 Summit Library Books from the Past 30 Days
- Focused by Allison Gerber
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid : Double Down by Jeff Kinney
- Drama by Raina Telgemeier
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid : Greg Heffley's Journal by Jeff Kinney
- Best Friends by Shannon Hale
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
- A Silent Voice by Yoshitoki Oima
- Don't forget to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Power off your Chromebook at least once a week.
- A quick fix for many Chromebook problems is to just remove the user and Power Off.
- Close tabs that you are not using; the more tabs that are open--the slower your Chromebook will be.
- If you are not at school and your Chromebook is broken, please go to Tech Central at 1216 S. Rankin St., Edmond. Hours of Operation are 8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday.
Summit library media director
Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or concerns about tech issues, our library, books, databases or Chromebooks.