Ancient China's Culture
David Della Fave, Mikey Hourihan, and Daniel Murphy
The Great Wall Of China
The Great Wall Of China was hard for everyone in china it took hundreds of years and many were killed making it.
This is the language that the Chinese would right in called pictograms
This is the type of clothing that the rich would wear in Ancient China
This looks like some of the palaces that the rich had lived in in Ancient China.
This is the symbol that represents opposites. So, like if there is light in one place that means it's dark in the other.
These were used to scare away and pretend to be ready to fight against robbers and bad people.
This is a map showing Ancient China.
This is emperor Qin he was the first emperor of China.
The Chinese had invented fireworks and also gunpowder.
Writing Changed the Way Business Dealings Were Done and History Was Kept
In Ancient China they spoke to their gods, and ancestors by using oracle bones. They did this by getting a bone and carving a question on it and then burned the bone in fire. From there they took the bone out and a person would study the cracks in the bone. The answer would be in the bones.
One of China’s first for of writing was pictograms. They drew many pictograms together. When they did this it became an ideogram. With an ideogram they made many pictures to mean things.
- Another form of writing that the Chinese made was symbols. These symbols were ment to refer to somthing. In others words they were meant to mean things.
- Certain people in China knew how to read and write. Some of these people went on to make books for the Emperor, and other people.
Achievements Paved the Way For More Complex Economic and Military Systems
- In China, it took a long time to make but, when they finished the Great Wall of China it was one of their greatest achievements.
- Another achievement from Ancient China is paper. They were the ones to create writing paper. Without this we may have never been able to write on paper.
- Saving records and keeping them was a great achievement because now they could see and remember things that happened long ago.
- A big achievement was the creation of oracle bones because it let them believe that they could speak and ask gods and ancestors questions.
Architecture Impacted the Study of Mathematics, Science and Engeneering
Some of the materials that people in Ancient China usd to build are brick, stone, and also paved stone.
If you were to go in one of the rich persons house you would find many things like books, book shelves, pottery, and painting.
Many kinds of buildings in China were walls, gates, temples, and palaces. Some of these buildings were very important to the Chinese.
The architecture was very unique because it really stood out. Some of the things that made it stuck out are tips, points, raised platforms, and the style of the roofs.