March 25, 2019
March-Nutrition and Healthy Habits: Choose Your Plate!
MyPlate Kids' Place has resources that can help children make healthier choices. ChooseMyPlate.gov offers science-based advice to help kids and their parents build healthy meals and maintain or achieve a healthy weight. MyPlate Kids' Place provides online resources and tools for children to help them make wise choices in a fun and appealing way.
Parents and teachers are invited to use the MyPlate Kids' Place resources to deliver credible information and find “teachable moments” that will influence children’s choices at home and at school.
- MyPlate at Home (for Adults)
- MyPlate Plan
- Recipes, Cookbooks, and Menus
- Cook More Often at Home
- Be an Active Family (English, Español)
- Be a Healthy Role Model for Children (English, Español)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents (English, Español)
- Kid-Friendly Veggies and Fruits (English, Español)
- Cut Back on Your Kid's Sweet Treats (English, Español)
- Make Better Beverage Choices (English, Español)
- The School Day Just Got Healthier (English, Español)
- Serving Up MyPlate: A Yummy Curriculum (from USDA Team Nutrition)
Follow the link below for more information and interactive links to each of the list above!
Reminders for Parents-
Our weather policy for recess has changed. Students will go out if the windchill is above 32 degrees.
When dropping off students after the 8:00 bell to start the school day, please walk your student in and sign them in for the day. It is important for safety that they are escorted in after this time.
Parent Resource Center!
Podcast for the Week-"Wow in the World"
Below you will find a link to an NPR podcast aimed for students!
Listen with your children for science, health, interesting topics, and silliness with Guy Raz and Mindy!
Menus and Lunch Times
March 26 - April 5 State MAP Testing K-2
March 28 - 5th grade Bash Parent Meeting 5:00 pm
April 1 - Report Cards go home
April 8 - PTO Meeting 3:45
April 9 - Kinder Registration 3:45-6:00
April 22 - 24 ACT Aspire Summative Testing 3-5