Rock Creek News
Keeping up with the Redhawks! August 8, 2021 Edition
Welcome to the 2021-2022 School Year!
Dear Rock Creek Families,
It is with great enthusiasm that I welcome you to the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year!
As we embark on the beginning of the school year and embrace beginning the year back in-person, I find myself proud of the hard work our Rock Creek staff is putting in to support student success this year. Our custodial and maintenance team has been hard at work ensuring a clean and safe environment for our students and staff to return to, and our instructional and teaching staff is hard at work prepping their learning spaces, collaborating to create engaging and rigorous units of study for your students that makes Rock Creek such a great place for kids to learn! The office team is here to support you with data confirmation, enrollment, and answer questions.
Rock Creek Community, I am thrilled to be here with you all and have the best year yet.
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
Meet the Teacher/Popsicles with the Principal
Please see your students’ time below and be sure to also stop by the front of the office to get a popsicle from our new office staff and your new principal as well as stopping by our PTC table to snag some Spirit Wear and sign up for PTC membership!
Last Names A-G 10:00-10:15
Last Names H-M 10:15-10:30
Last Names N-S 10:30-10:45
Last Names T-Z 10:45-11:00
As we work hard to keep our students and staff healthy and safe on campus, please follow the following drop-off procedures:
- Students are welcome on campus between 7:40 and 7:50 and will head straight to their classrooms in the morning.
- Families of preschool through 1st-grade families may walk their child to his/her classroom in the morning. Please exit campus after dropping your student off.
- Please practice kindness and patience with each other in the school drop-off lines.
RUSD's COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Students and adults on campus are required to wear masks while indoors.
- Students and adults may wear their masks while outdoors, but it is not required.
- Rock Creek will take advantage of the opportunity to learn and eat outdoors to the extent practicable.
- Rock Creek will continue to engage in handwashing and sanitization procedures.
To read our district's guidance in-depth, please click here.
Important Dates to Remember
- Meet the Teacher/Popsicles with the Principal 8/10 10-11.
- First day of school is 8/11
- Back to School Night is 8/19
- Rock Creek Dinner Night at at Rubio's 8/25
- First PTC meeting of the year 9/14 at 2:30
What's New at Rock Creek?
- Please join us in welcoming Katie Clark to our preschool teaching team!
- Please join us in welcoming Tyler Cable as Haley Toma's leave replacement while Ms. Toma is out on leave.
- Please join us in welcoming our new office staff: Valarie Smith, our new Principal's Secretary and Courtney Sequenzia, our new School Clerk.
- Please join us in welcoming our new Instructional Aides: Lynsey Rafferty and Michaela Ward.
- Please join us in welcoming our new day custodian, Joe Santos.