Mrs. Marie Collie, Principal
- Mrs. Beck, for directing our 4th and 5th grade students in a truly amazing holiday concert!
- Our PTA officers, committee chairs and volunteers for hosting a delicious Santa Breakfast and holiday shop for our students and the entire Durham community to enjoy!
- The entire Durham Community for supporting our local families in need with your generous gifts of food and non-perishables along with warm hats and gloves!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOP DOGS!!
WINTER IS HERE!
NAME THE MASCOT CONTEST!
A Message From the Counselor
We are excited to inform you that a peer mediation program is underway at Durham Nockamixon! Our peer mediation program will give 5th grade students the opportunity to demonstrate their leadership skills by helping our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade friends to problem-solve during lunch and recess. 5th grade peer mediators are currently being trained on the mediation process and the program will be monitored by our Durham Nockamixon staff.
If a student chooses to seek the help of a peer mediator they can expect the following:
- The peer mediator will listen to each student share their perspective on the conflict.
- Students seeking the help of a mediator will be asked to agree to follow a set of guidelines that will be presented.
- Students will brainstorm with the peer mediators to find some possible solutions to the conflict
- Students will select and try a solution
- Peer mediators will report to an adult if a problem is beyond their capabilities to help.
Seeking a peer mediators help is optional. Students can always go directly to an adult for assistance if they prefer. We hope that as this program develops and grows, we will find that the peer mediator program increases leadership and independence, and decreases conflicts as students learn to problem-solve peacefully. Please feel free to contact our school counselor, Alison Duffy, with any questions regarding the peer mediator program.
Many thanks to Miss Duffy, our school counselor and Mrs. Vascallo, our speech therapist for the active role you have taken in launching this program for our students!
MTS Club Begins!
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBHOUSE RETURNS!
This long standing Durham Nockamixon tradition continues! Please be sure to check your e-alerts and Friday Folders in order to sign up for a clubhouse that may peek your interest! Clubhouse is always held on Monday afternoons from 3:30-5:00. The dates are as follows: 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/4, 3/11.
CALENDAR CHANGE FOR FEBRUARY
AT A GLANCE...
27- Student Holiday/Turn Around Day
31- Spirit Day/Pretzel Sale/Assembly @ 9:30 PM
31- Spelling Bee @ 2:00 PM, Grades 4 & 5
31- 3rd Grade Recipe Contest Entries Due
12- PTA Mtg. @ 9:15AM
3, 10, 17, 24- After School Clubhouse 3:30-5:00PM
7- Market Day Orders Due
13- Market Day Pick-Up 3:00PM
14- Report Cards Distributed
21- Sweet Heart Dance @ 6:30-8:30
28- Spirit Day/Pretzel Sale
-3rd & 4th Grade Show @10 AM (School Wide/3rd gr. Grandparents Invited)
-3rd & 4th Grade Show @2 PM (4th gr. Grandparents Invited)