I hope that you are enjoying your summer! Summer school has just ended, and it's hard to believe that it is time to begin thinking about the upcoming school year!
I wanted to proactively share with you some information that will hopefully allow you to begin marking your calendars with important dates, including online and on-site registration dates, and our DCMS Meet the Teacher Night, among others.
The DCMS main office will be closed through July 21, however; if you need assistance, please feel free to reach out to me via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
PROUD Principal of Delphi Community Middle School
Meet the Teacher Night
Online Registration and On-Site Registration
- The DCMS Main Office will open on Monday, July 22--August 7 from 8:00 A.M--2:00 P.M. The only exception is July 31, when when the office will be open from 11:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. for on-site registration.
- Online registration for the 2019-2020 school year opens on July 19, 2019. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, please contact the DCMS main office for assistance via telephone between the hours of 8:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M. After 2:00 P.M., please contact Mrs. Gustin at email@example.com .
- If you do not have Internet access at home, we will hold walk-in registration in the Delphi Community Middle School science computer lab on July 31, 2018 from 11:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M. If you are able to register at home, you DO NOT need to attend walk-in registration.
- Families of students who are new to Delphi Community School Corporation who have students attending DCMS will need to contact Mrs. Gustin at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a registration appointment.
Notes from the Nurse
- 6th graders are required to have a tetanus booster (Tdap) and a meningitis vaccine (MCV4) prior to entering 6th grade, OR, once they turn 11 years old. Please be sure your child is fully immunized before school begins. If you have questions, contact our nurse, Joan Kahl, at. email@example.com.
DCMS Triathlon Information
The 13th annual DCMS Triathlon will be held on Wednesday, August 21, with a rain date of August 22. In order to qualify, students must have passed the fitness assessments as part of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program during their PE classes. Registration forms were given to qualified students during their PE classes in May and will be distributed to eighth grade students who are enrolled in HS PE this summer. These forms must be turned in by August 1st, in order to participate and to guarantee a participation medal and a t-shirt. Forms may be dropped off during summer school at the middle school office or mailed to DCMS--Attention Theresa Traver 401 Armory Rd. Delphi, IN 46923.
This opportunity has always been and will continue to be free of charge for students wishing to participate. Expenses for this event are covered entirely through donations. Each student receives a t-shirt, a participation medal, and lunch. Awards for first through third place at each level of participation are given, as well as several door prizes. The event is electronically timed by Crossroads Events and lunch will be catered this year. As you can imagine, there is quite a bit of expense involved. If you would like to make a donation to support this year’s event, please send your donation to DCMS--Attention Theresa Traver 401 Armory Rd. Delphi, IN 46923. Thank you in advance for your support and consideration!
Friday, July 19--DCSC online registration begins
Wednesday, July 31--on-site registration for families new to DCSC
Wednesday, August 7--DCMS "Meet the Teacher Night" (4:00-6:00 P.M.)
Wednesday, August 7--Mandatory meeting for all athletes/parents (6:00 P.M.--DCHS gym)
Wednesday, August 7--DCHS Orientation Night (5:00-7:00 P.M.)
Thursday, August 8--First day of school for all DCSC students
Wednesday, August 21--DCMS Triathlon
Monday, September 2--Labor Day/No School
Tuesday, October 8--MS band concert
Friday, October 11--End of first nine weeks
Monday, October 14--MS choir concert
Monday, October 21--Friday, October 25--Fall Break/No School
Wednesday, November 27--Friday, November 29--Thanksgiving Break/No School
Tuesday, December 3--MS/HS band concert
Wednesday, December 11--MS choir concert
Friday, December 20--End of second nine weeks
Monday, December 23--Friday, January 3--Winter Break/No School
Monday, January 6--School resumes/first day of second semester
Friday, March 6--DCMS/DCHS Band Dinner Theater
Wednesday, March 18--MS choir concert
Sunday, May 3--DCMS/DCHS band concert
Tuesday, May 5--MS choir concert
Click here to access the DCSC calendar for the 2019-2020 school year!
The 7 Habits of Successful Families
Paperwork Requirements for Athletes
- Click on the link below to access the DCMS/DCHS athletic calendar. https://delphioracleathletics.com/events
- All student-athletes must be registered for FinalForms in order to participate in winter sports. In April of 2018, the Delphi Athletic Department transitioned over to FinalForms, which is a data-management service used to track information about each of our individual athletes. FinalForms saves data from season to season and year to year, which means that parents/guardians will never need to enter the same information twice.
- The only paperwork that is required to turn in is the actual IHSAA physical form that is completed by a doctor. The IHSAA mandates that an athletic physical is good for one school year. Physicals completed on or after April 1 of the previous year will be good for the entire next school year. If your athlete's physical was completed prior to April 1, 2018, then your athlete will be required to have another physical prior to participating in another sport.
- Register for Final Forms by clicking here . Follow the prompts to create your account, to enter information for your student-athletes, and to electronically sign your forms. If you are having problems, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Use Support."
Athletic Eligibility Requirements
- Just a reminder--students must be eligible to participate in DCMS sanctioned sport events. Academically, this means that students must have all passing grades (no F’s) at the time of grade checks. Grade checks will be conducted bi-weekly, once the season has officially begun. If, at the time of grade checks, a student is not passing all of his/her classes, he/she will be ruled ineligible. During the first two-week period of ineligible status, the student may still attend practices, but he/she may not participate in contests. After the two-week period, students may earn eligibility status if all grades are passing at that time. If, after two weeks of ineligibility, the student is still not passing all of his/her classes, he/she will be removed from the roster and must turn in his/her equipment.
- Delphi Community Middle School is pleased to announce that Homework Club (formerly known as tutoring) is being offered again this year. Homework Club will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4:45 P.M. Students who attend Homework Club must report to the assigned rooms by 3:30 P.M. and they must be picked up by 4:45 P.M. Students must bring homework/materials to work on and any questions that they may have about any assignments. If your student has signed up and does not attend, you will receive a phone call notifying you that your student did not show up. To sign your student up for Homework Club, please contact Mrs. Gustin at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are interested in your student attending Homework Club, please fill out the Google Form below.
School Closing and Delay Information
- WRTV Channel 6
- WISH Channel 8
- WTHR Channel 13
- WLFI Channel 18
- WXIN Channel 59
- WASK/WKOA FM 105.3/AM 1450
- WHZR FM 103.7
- WWKI FM 100.5
- WMRS FM 107.7
- Lafayette Journal and Courier www.jconline.com
- DCSC/DCMS Facebook pages
- DCMS Instagram
If you are not receiving Skylert messages via phone/text/E-mail from DCSC, please contac the DCMS main office.
Please also take a moment to review the DCSC eLearning policy, which can be found on the DCSC website under the "Parent and Community Resources" tab, or by clicking here.
Wednesday Study Tables Guidelines
The following guidlelines are in place for athletes who stay after school on Wednesday early dismissal days for study tables:
Students should report to the cafeteria no later than 2:35 P.M. If students need to change into practice clothes, they may do so after study tables.
Students will sign in on the Study Tables sign-in sheet.
Students should bring all study materials to the cafeteria with them. Students will not be allowed to return to their lockers to retrieve items. Students will be allowed to return items to their lockers at the end of study tables.
Students may bring earbuds to listen to music while they study.
Students may bring snacks and drinks, as long as they clean up after themselves.
Cell phones are allowed, provided that they are used for music/academic purposes, and for communication with family members. Students may also bring chargers to charge their devices.
Study Tables will be structured as a quiet environment for students to work on homework and/or read. Behavior issues and disruptions will not be tolerated. If a student is a disruption/behavior problem, the following procedure will be followed:
1st offense: 1 warning/coach notified
2nd offense: 2 warning/coach notified
3rd offense: Time out in main office/coach notified
4th offense: Loss of Study Tables privileges/coach notified. If a student is removed from Study Tables, he/she will be dismissed at the end of the school day and will be responsible for finding his/her own transportation to practice.
Rose-Hulman Homework Help
Homework isn’t always easy. That’s why AskRose is here to help. It’s a free math and science tutoring service for Indiana and other students in grades 6-12.
Tutors are Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology students who major in math, science or engineering—which means they’re more than equipped to help with virtually any math or science homework problem.
Student privacy is always protected, and students are never asked for their last name or phone number.
AskRose Homework Help tutors are available to assist with math and science homework, August – May, Sunday – Thursday, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Our new after-school tutoring by appointment is coming soon.
Visit https://askrose.org/ to learn more!