A Trek to the Tek
Tekakwitha Transfer SUccess Newsletter / 2.5.14
The SU Library Is More Than Just Books
Check out the Learning Commons: http://www.seattleu.edu/learningcommons/
Learning Assistance (Library, 2nd floor) offers:
Individual Consultations with a Learning Specialist: conduct learning style assessments, recommend effective study skills, and coach students in applying proven academic strategies in their classes.
Tutoring Services: provide free peer tutoring for several math, science, business, language and nursing courses.
Learning Strategy Workshops: offer interactive workshops on a variety of topics of interest to students, including sessions on time management, improving reading strategies, effective review and test-taking methods.
Math Lab (Library, 2nd floor):
The Lab is meant to augment the assistance given by the instructor of the course and to provide help at times when the instructor is not available.
Lab Hours: Mon. & Wed.: 9:15-5:00 / Tues. & Thurs.: 9:00-5:00 / Fridays 9:15-12:30
This service helps brainstorming keywords, using our databases, finding articles and books or sorting through the information you find on the internet.
On-call hours: Mon-Thurs, 9:30am-6pm / Friday 9:30am-4pm
Media Production Center (Library, 1st floor):
The purpose Media Production Center is to enhance student experience by offering the tools, training and space for students, clubs, faculty & staff to create their own original multimedia productions.
Media Production Center will not do your project for you or offer a production team, but they will provide training opportunities and the majority of the tools you’ll need to complete your own production. You supply the crew and they supply the tools.
Take a Stroll with Tek Member Don’Neil Delacruz
2014 goals: graduate this year
What's Going On In And Around Seattle
- Check out plants at UW Botanic Gardens: Orchard Mason Bees 2/8 10am UW Botanic Gardens 3501 NE 41st St Seattle, WA 98105
- Find your center: Meditation classes ($7/drop-in) Wed., 2/12 6pm at the Belltown Community Center 415 Bell St Seattle, WA 98121.
- Keep that resolution: Join Weigh to Go! (A 9-week weight management program) Wed., 2/12, 6pm at Bastyr Center for Health 3670 Stone Way North Seattle, WA 98103
- In for free theatre? Check out Frankenstein (Or The Modern Prometheus) on Thurs., 2/13, 7:30pm at Center Theatre at the Armory 305 Harrison St Seattle WA, 98109
- Feeling down? You were meant to be happy: Free Meditation Introduction Thurs., 2/20, 7pm at Maum Meditation Center 22401 66th Ave W Montlake Terrace, WA 98043