Keep Calm and Write On
Fourth Grade Weekly News
Dates to Remember
- Sept 25, 2015 - Picture Day for students, please remind parents and students.
- Sept 25, 2015 - 5pm PMP List to Ms. Phillips
- Sept 28, 2015 - Character Counts Parenting Workshop: STUDY SKILLS 6:00 PM
- Sept 29, 2015 - Team Meeting Ms. Valentine's Room - Ms. Nelson will be joining us to discuss ELL, PMP and RTI
- Sept 30, 2015, 6 - 7 pm Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting. Strongly encouraged to represent each grade level. Team leaders will be in attendance at the beginning. This is the school's fundraising arm, please support as they support us.
- Sept 28, 2015 - 5pm ESE / ELL Spreadsheet List to Ms. Phillips
- Oct 1, 2015 - 10:05-10:40 - Curriculum meeting to discuss cold reads
- Oct 1, 2015 - 3:45-4:30 - Work Session After School TBA (any Volunteers?)
- Oct 1, 2015 - Lesson Plans for the Week of Oct 5
- Oct 2, 2015 - Club Proposals Due
- Oct 2, 2015 - Sunshine Club Dues ($20) Due
- Oct 7 and 8, 2015 - 10:45 - 11:10 - Character Month Discussion with Ms. Turay, Responsibility. Schedule to be posted soon.
Team Norms - As we are still working through our norms, I am creating a Google Doc that we can electronically comment and work on the norms. Please update and post comments by 8:00 am Tuesday, Sept 29, 2015. I would like to finalize and distribute the norms at the team meeting on Tuesday.
PMP List - Please send me the list of students that are needing to be placed on the PMP along with the criteria by which you determined. This needs to be sent by Friday, Sept 25, 2015, 5pm.
Think Central - We will work together over the next few days to ensure that we all are on the same page with our books on Think Central.
The positions are as follows - thank you to all who volunteered. Please note that if we divide the workload it helps us as a team function more effectively and efficiently.
Curriculum coordinator - Ms. Matonti and Ms. Hernandez (Thank you!!)
Special Events Coordinator (boy teacher is still required) - Ms. Gadsby
Testing Coordinator - (boy teacher is still required) Ms. Bennis
Field Trip Coordinator - Ms. Hernandez
ESE/ELL Coordinator/Team Support - Ms. Davis
Also, if there is another area that you may see we could use your talents, please let us know, we are always open to suggestions and assistance.
Thank you for the AWESOME Day of Peace projects. I will be hanging up name tags for everyone on the finishing line in the halls. Please feel free to post work (Day of Peace or anything else).
Doors - Ms. Bennis got a jump on Fall. Thank you!! Let's start transitioning our doors into Fall themes.
Meetings - If there is something you would like to see on the Meeting Agenda please send it to me no later than 5 pm Sunday. I would like to send out the meeting minutes 24 hours in advance.
- Make sure that each Folder in the Google Drive (ELA, MATH, SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES) is up to date with all of our lesson plans for every subject - Mrs. Adler has been checking over the last few weeks.
- Please let me know ASAP if you want to go to the Charter School Convention in Orlando, Nov 10 - 12. I will have the website as soon as possible.
- Saturday school employment opportunity will begin at the beginning of November. Classes are mixed gender, small, less formal and fun. Dress is jeans and more casual. The theme is Olympics. Saturday school is currently for grades 3 to 6. Teachers are needed. Pay is approximate $120 per Saturday for 16 weeks.
- Free and Reduced Lunches - Please make sure all students have completed the form and submitted it to the office for approval, the deadline is approaching.
- Computer Lab Schedule will be released soon, directives as to what will take place during lab will be sent out for the first few weeks, most likely iReady or Discovery Education activities.
- Walkthrough Observations: Walkthrough observations are well underway and are focusing on small group instruction for K-5 and your ability to target skill deficiencies.