The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 7 Issue 217
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
This past week was filled with successes, large and small. One of our students in primary SPICE mastered sequencing. Our 6th graders learned how to write algebraic expressions. In 2nd grade the caterpillars arrived and everyone is super excited. Each and every day amazing things happen here at the Ranch.
This week is the District Spelling Bee! We all wish Claire Martinez good luck as she represents the Ranch. We know she will do a great job!
I will continue to share the new alternating hybrid schedule each week in the Round-Up. Please find it below.
Alternating day hybrid learning schedule
- Mon Jan 18 - No school (Martin Luther King Day)
- Tues Jan 19 - Last name M-Z
- Wed Jan 20 - Last name A-L (one-hour early release)
- Thur Jan 21 - Last name M-Z
- Fri Jan 22 - Last name A-L
- Mon Jan 25 - Last name M-Z
- Tues Jan 26 - Last name A-L
- Wed Jan 27 - Last name M-Z (one-hour early release)
- Thur Jan 28 - Last name A-L
- Fri Jan 29 - Last name M-Z
On days that students do not come to campus, normal school attendance rules still apply. Students need to log into Buzz for attendance to be taken. If students don't access Buzz by midday, an email is automatically generated and sent as a reminder. If students do not log into Buzz that day, they are marked absent for the day.
This Week at the Ranch - Jan 19 to 22
- MLK Jr. Day - no school
- STUCO General meeting via WebEx 3:30 PM
- Early release - 1:55 PM Dismissal
- District Spelling Bee 6 PM Mesquite High School
- PTSO meeting 7 PM library
- 100th Day of school
- STUCO recycling
Do Not Come To School
- Please remember to start doing the student health assessment each day before school again. Please view the assessment here.
- For more information including health resources and information please visit www.gilbertschools.net/healthservices.
Enjoy your holiday break and Be Safe!
Lunch (and breakfast) is Free
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended free meals for children 18 years and younger until further notice to help ensure all children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gilbert Public Schools will provide combo meals at no cost to students for breakfast and lunch. A combo meal includes an entree, fruit and/or vegetable and beverage (milk and/or juice).
We certainly encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity.
Please click the calendar link above for upcoming events at the Ranch
Do you shop at Fry's?
Enroll in Fry's Community Rewards and earn money for a Sonoma Ranch every time you shop. It’s easy and free to enroll! When you link your Shopper’s Card, every purchase you make provides funds for the Ranch! Plus, you’ll earn fuel points at the same time. Click the link to sign up: https://www.frysfood.com/topic/school-programs
Sonoma Ranch Elementary has a presence in the social media world. We have both an Instagram and Twitter account. The same content is posted to both, and it is a fun way to see all the amazing things happening at the Ranch. Follow us @Stallion_Strong on Twitter and Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/stallion_strong/?hl=en)