LSU Study Abroad
Academic Programs Abroad
- 25 programs per summer
- Change year‐to‐year, based on faculty interest
- Taught by LSU faculty; Earn LSU credit
- Generally 2 courses
- Pay program fee, tuition/fees, airfare, and spending money
- Nearly 200 partners in 40+ countries
- All continents except Antarctica
- Can exchange for a semester or year
- All majors can participate
- Multiple payment options
- Pay LSU rate or directly to host university
- Take classes in another language and/or in English
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t know where I want to go, where do I start?
- Come by 103 Hatcher Hall and speak with a peer adviser. They will help you figure out your best options and give you general information. Walk-in hours are 8:00-4:30.
Do I have to speak another language?
- Not necessarily. There are many schools that have their classes taught in English around the world.
Do you have to be a particular major to go on an international exchange?
- No, all majors may participate in an exchange.
What is the difference between an ISEP exchange, ISEP Direct, and Bilateral?
- ISEP exchange: You pay LSU tuition and LSU room and board.
- ISEP Direct: You pay the host universities tuition and room and board.
- Bilateral: You pay LSU tuition. Room and board is paid to the host institution.
How much is an exchange?
- In most cases, when you exchange through an LSU sponsored program, ISEP (With the exception of ISEP Direct) or a Bilateral Partner, you will be able to pay LSU tuition while using TOPS and most other financial aid and scholarships.
- Great if you’ve never been abroad
- Can allow a student to go abroad even if they cannot fit a semester/year exchange into their academic plan
- Get to see new places
- Learn in a foreign country withou thaving to speak the language
- Smaller class sizes
- Direct faculty‐student interactions
- Study with other LSU students
- TOPS and federal financial aid applies
- Great for foreign language acquisition
- All classes transfer back as LSU courses
- Immerse yourself in a foreign location
- Study away from other LSU students
Study Abroad Fair Day 1
Tuesday, Oct. 1st 2013 at 11am-3pm
Royal Cotillion Ballroom, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA
Study Abroad Fair Day 2
Wednesday, Oct. 2nd 2013 at 11am-3pm
Art and Design Building, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA