Bellarmine Counseling Department Quarterly Newsletter
With finals just around the corner many of our students may be feeling an overwhelming amount of stress. Instead of avoiding the areas of life that cause stress, develop healthy coping strategies such as:
1. Exercise and eat nutrient-rich foods regularly
2. Sleep! According to the National Sleep Foundation teens need between 8 and 10 hours of sleep every night. Click here for more information on the importance of sleep!
3. Avoid excessive caffeine
4. Avoid drug, alcohol, and tobacco use
5. Learn relaxation techniques such as abdominal breathing and muscle relaxation techniques
6. Rehearse and practice situations that cause stress
7. Break a big task into smaller goals and attainable tasks
8. Decrease negative self-talk
9. Listen to music
10. Talk to a friend
11. Write in a journal
12. Build a supportive network of friends and family members who support you.
13. Talk to your counselor
Click here for more details!
Click more to read an article from the American Psychological Association about talking to your teen about stress.
What is Mindfulness?
- The Mindfulness App*
- Headspace *
- Insight Timer
- Smiling Mind
- Sattva Meditation and Mantras
- Stop, Breathe & Think
- 10% Happier
* Free w/ trial. All other apps are free!
Sophomore Parent Night
Monday, Feb. 4th, 7-8pm
Bellarmine Preparatory School Connelly Campus Center
Health Corner: Prescription Drug Abuse
Student Assistance Program
1. Go to your Moodle home page.
2. Click on "Links" at the top of the page.
3. Click on "Student Assistance Program"
Mrs. Irving- Welcome back Mrs. Irving!!! Mrs. Irving was out the beginning of the school year on maternity leave after having beautiful twin babies in early September. Please give her a warm welcome back!
9th: Cruz, Hunthausen, Rehberger
10th: Ellis, Singer
11th: Heiser, Gross Shader
12th: Galbraith, Pettit, Phillips
9th: Bernards, Bryan, Henderson
10th: O'Connor, Whitson
11th: Brown, Fernandez, Parent
12th: Matthew, Minjares, White
9th: Etter, Larsen, Salazar
10th: Hanigan, Jensen
11th: Meeker, Meines, C., DeGroot, D.
12th: Schmitt, Sauvage, Payne
9th: Maxey, McCarthy, Nuno
10th: Barnhart, Emery, Peterson
11th: Casey, Modarelli
12th: Andresen, Chase, Rousseau