Check THIS out! Issue 6
News & Tips from the PG Library Week of 3/21/16
The Buck Institute for Education is teaming up with OCM BOCES to offer a four-day conference on the research-driven success of Project-Based Learning. The one-of-a-kind event embraces the Maker Movement and offers a long list of inspiring speakers and workshops aimed at bolstering your understanding and success with student-centered, inquiry-based learning. Don’t miss out on this chance to connect with fellow educators, renowned experts, and PBL trailblazers for an event guaranteed to spark creativity, collaboration, and innovation in the classroom.
Have you tried THIS to support reading and literacy?
Kids Info Bits: Great for RESEARCH, EVIDENCE from TEXT, and PARAPHRASING! See Kowalski for training (password below)
PASSWORDS for OFF-SITE usage for subscription services--NOTE brainpop has a NEW user name!
Movie Clips that Illustrate & Inspire
What's coming up at the Library that I should know about?
- Bookapalooza--community book read kick off on THURSDAY, April 7th 6-8pm
- Teen Book Fest trip for grades 8-12 on Sat. May 14th--details coming soon!
What do YOU need?
- LIBGUIDES (many here/easy to build & customize)
- Booktalks? Embedded Tech?
- follow me @spkowalski on Twitter!
- Instruction? email, call me (I will give you cell #), or use contact info below or let's meet in PERSON!