Command Central aka - The Principal's Corner
October was a busy month of many awesome events!!! Many of our Navigators had their first opportunity to make our presence known in MISD in amazing ways through performances. Our Comprehensive Choir participated in their first joint concert with McKinzey MS choir, our FA Academy dancers performed at the MISD WonderFall celebration and our FA Academy artists produced 100 hand made bowls they contributed to the Empty Bowls event where all proceeds go to support local food banks. To say I am proud of our learners and artists is an understatement.
We closed out October with our first ever family event hosted by our AMAZING PTA. The Halloween Social brought Navigator families from all parts of our campus and community together to dance, eat, face paint, play games and spend time getting to know each other. We had a wonderful turn out and I know I may be a bit biased but I think we have the BEST PTA in MISD!!!
October also brought the start of many after school club opportunities for our learners including:
Navigator News Broadcast Team
Navigator Newspaper Crew
Stock Market Club
Bluebonnet book club
5th Gr. Math Pentathlon
I'm fairly certain I'm missing one or two but if you think your child might have missed an opportunity for one of these clubs and would like more information please let me know. We have a few more that will be starting up in the coming weeks including some sports clubs so please be on the lookout for that info.
We are so excited to welcome our Navigator learners that have been learning virtually the last 12 weeks on campus and into our classrooms on November 1st. Having all learners in our classrooms truly makes us feel complete so welcome to our new families, please know that I am only a phone call or email away at all times so don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need any support.
As we roll into November and the season of Gratitude we have opportunities for our learners to serve the greater community.
- Feed the Hungry Food drive from November 1-5. More information can be found in the Counselor's Corner section below.
- Dia de los Muertos celebration is happening November 1-5. We would love to fill our alter with tributes to loved ones if your family would like to participate
- To express our gratitude for our Veterans we are planning a Veterans' Day celebration. I sent an email with details about Veterans' Day to all families.
- Toys for Tots annual toy drive is COMING!!!!! We will begin our toy collection drive to support the greater MISD Toys for Tots initiative very soon.
Important Information and Helpful Links
- Did you know if your family qualifies for the free or reduced lunch program your family also qualifies for other benefits through the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer? More information about the P-EBT can be found at the Texas Human & Health Services Department.To fill out an application for the free or reduced lunch program please visit this link Student Nutrition
District website: https://www.mansfieldisd.org/
AMIS PTA (the best Intermediate School PTA in MISD!!)
Stay connected to the school and PTA by following these pages on Facebook:
If you haven’t already joined the PTA, there’s still time! You can join online here by selecting Alma Martinez IS and completing the required information.
11-1 to 11-5 Feed the Hungry Food Drive (non-perishable items)
11-1 to 11-5 Dia de los Muertos tribute
11-4 5th Gr Science CBA
11-15 6th Gr Science CBA
11-16 5th/6th Gr Math CBA
11-18 5th/6th Gr ELA CBA
11-22 to 11-26 Thanksgiving Break