Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
Teach like a Champion!
4th Grade Writing Camp
I am so proud of our entire 4th grade team! They transformed their rooms with tents, camp fires, flashlights, picnics, and even S'MORES for our students to review for 4th grade STAAR Writing. Mr. Goodman even sang a song with his guitar!
Love this picture!
Students wrote more than they ever have in the tent!
Revising and Editing counts just as much as the expository and narrative on STAAR.
4th Grade Writing Camp
Events for the Week
- Monday, 3/23/15 5th Grade Math Planning at SME-arrive by 7:30 AM, wear your ID badge, bring your math binder, etc to meet with Cindy Luttrell.
- Tuesday, 3/24/15 Oral Test Adminstration STAAR training 3-3:45 with Ms. Rodriguez--only if you are giving an oral STAAR--you have already been invited.
- Wednesday, 3/25/15 3rd Grade Math Planning at SME-arrive by 7:30 AM, wear your ID badge, bring your math binder, etc to meet with Cindy Luttrell.
- Wednesday, 3/25/15 K-2 DUAL Literacy Meeting during your conference with C. Mayes
- Thursday, 3/26/15 Gretchen Childs visits Grades K-2 to talk about Guided Reading Behaviors and Interventions (bring your DRA and Istation Data) 2nd Grade—7:45-10:00 (Subs will start in your room and rotate) Kindergarten—10:05-12:05 (you may eat after the training whiles subs cover your room) 1st Grade—12:35-2:35
- Thursday, 3/26/15 Staff Meeting for STAAR March 30 and 31st Administration 3:15-4:15
- Friday, 3/27/15 STAAR PEP RALLY for 3rd-5th grade 1:15-2:30 in the cafeteria
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Ten maker: 10+0 =10
- Mortar Word: contribute
Cluca's observations contribute to the understanding of why squirrels use snakeskin by-- 4th Grade Reading 2013
Thank you to Sandra Lee and Alejandra Cardenas for TELPAS testing all week!
Thank you to 3rd, 4th, 5th, office staff, and support staff for video taping the STAAR Pep Rally Video. I can't wait to see it. :)
Extended Day for 3rd Grade Reading starts March 31st and 5th Grade Math; 4th Grade Reading and Math starts 4/2
STAAR DATES: Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, March 31st for 4th Grade Writing and 5th Grade Reading--No Jean Coupons. Professional Dress to Impress! ***Cheer at 7:25 AM outside of the gym. :)
Teachers ***SAVE THE DATE**--Monday, August 10th and Tuesday, August 11th 8:30-3 PM Campus Planning and No Excuses University Book Study You will receive an exchange day for one day and $18 an hour the next day. Olive Garden and Jason's Deli will also be provided plus lots of door prizes.