Thelma Jones Elementary Week of October 18th-October 22nd
Greetings Shark Family!
Please join us this Saturday for the WonderFall Festival happening at The MISD PAC. Our TJE Student Council will be a part of the opening parade. There will be games, activities, and a whole lot of fun. The event is from 10:00-1:00. The parade starts at 10:00.
Oct. 18th- VATRE Tax Early Voting begins
Oct. 23rd-Wonderfall Festival -PAC 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Oct. 25th-29th Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 25th-29th Second Grade GT testing taking place
October 28th-First Responder's "dress up" Day
October 29th- Deadline for Veteran's Day submissions
November 11th-Veteran's Day Celebration, immediately following announcements
You are invited to our Veteran's Day Celebration and Wall of Honor.
MISD Safety and Security Town Hall Information
School safety and security is a top priority at Mansfield ISD. To partner with the community in an open dialogue about the topic, the district will host a Safety and Security Town Hall Meeting.
The meeting will take place on Thursday, Oct. 21 at 6 p.m. at the Dr. Jim Vaszauskas Center for the Performing Arts, located at 1110 W. Debbie Lane in Mansfield. All community stakeholders are invited to attend.
The meeting will feature a panel of community leaders and experts, including Superintendent Dr. Kimberley Cantu, School Board President Michelle Newsom, Chief Greg Minter from the MISD Police Department, Chief Alexander Jones from the Arlington Police Department and Chief Tracy Aaron from the Mansfield Police Department. Bruno Dias, MISD’s Director of Safety, Security and Threat Management and a representative from Texas School Safety Center will also be part of the panel.
After a discussion about various safety topics, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions or share comments with the panel. The feedback given will help the district’s school safety committee—comprised of students, staff, parents and community members—which will review systematic procedures and determine the next best steps. Those interested in serving on the district’s school safety committee can fill out a form of interest here. (The deadline to complete the form is Monday, Oct. 18 at 5 p.m.)
To ensure everyone has an opportunity to attend the Safety and Security Town Hall Meeting, there will be free shuttles located at Lake Ridge High School, Legacy High School, Mansfield High School, Summit High School and Timberview High School to take riders to and from the meeting location on Oct. 21. Shuttles will leave promptly at 5:20 p.m. from each location. Shuttles will return riders to their high school locations once the meeting concludes.
Mansfield ISD wants to ensure the healing process continues and that students, staff and families are able to get the assistance they need to cope with a crisis any time of the day.
Remember that Mansfield ISD’s 24/7 Student Support service is always available. It provides assistance to students for various struggles during non-school hours. There’s even additional support through a free referral service to help those with mental health or substance use issues to get matched for treatment.
Another valuable resource is Cigna’s free community resource that provides support during times of high stress and anxiety. The company has a 24-hour toll-free helpline (1-866-912-1687) to connect people directly with qualified clinicians who can provide support and guidance.
Please monitor your feelings and emotions frequently and listen to your children as well to see if they are doing okay. We are in this together, and we want to ensure no one is walking through this difficult time alone. There are free resources and professionals standing by who can listen to you and help.
We are here for you and your (our babies). Please reach out if you need assistance.
Information about Second Grade GT testing
Mrs. Keller's latest Newsletter-Please check it out!
The Character Trait for October is Responsibility
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-299-6040.
Student Central is a place where Mansfield ISD parents can find the resources they need for school.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit