The Sawyer's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
April 1st- Ella
April 2nd- Vivian
April 24th- Tyler
April 5th-9th: No Ms. Rachel
April 12-19th: No Ms. Alisha
April 24th: Administrative Professionals Day - be sure and thank our Admin team for all their hard work!
May 3 & May 10: No Ms. Crystal
May 6th-9th: Parent Teacher Conferences - Sign Ups will be up the end of March/beginning of April
May 7 - Picture Day
May 10 - Muffins with Mom
June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
June 14 - Donuts with Dad
June 17-26th No Ramseys
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
This March, in science, we talked about magnetic objects, what dissolves in water, and did an experiment with noodles in different liquids. In art we painted with water colors, wet noodles, dry noodles, and marshmallows! We also talked about wood working and made mashed potato men ! Finally, taste Tuesday will be tasted mustard greens, nutmeg, wasabi, vanilla wafers, and Frosted Mini Wheats!
This April, in science, we will be talking all about foxes, how yeast works, and doing a fizzy experiment. In art this month, we will be painting with yarn, on boxes, and painting zebra patterns! We will also be stamping with X and Y, and making zebra footprints! Finally, taste Tuesday will be exciting as always as we taste xylophone snacks, yams, and zucchini!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
I'm super excited for some new books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out April 9th and orders will be due April 18th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
Pastel Yogurt Eggs
The Book Nook
The Thing About Spring
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you to all the parents who donated supplies, food, and decorations for our Valentine's Day party!
Thank you to all the parents and family members who made our Valentine's Day party extra special by being our guests!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Thank you for your understanding of being closed March 15th in order for teachers to participate in conferences to become ever better teachers to your kiddos
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
Would you like to donate?
- Shoes (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Shoe boxes with lids
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars with lids ie mayonnaise
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: If you could give up one household tour what would it be and why?
- Ms. Crystal: Cleaning up the bathroom in a house of boys!!!
Because they are boys!
Ms. Rachel: Laundry! I hate having to sort my clothes and hang the half I don’t want to shrink!
- Ms. Alisha: Clean the restroom because it’s the only chore I may do upon occasion. Thank you to my darling hubby who does everything else!
- Mr. Mike: Dust because of allergies!!!
- Ms. Le Andra: Dishes for sure!! I'm horrible because I wait until I have a full sink and then it's just gross and takes FOREVER!!
- Ms. Katie: I would give up folding laundry. It takes forever and just when I think I'm done, another basket seems to magically appear. I would also love to never match socks again. I mean, really, where do all the matches go?!
- Ms. Erin: Doing the dishes because there's always a new dish to wash more often than any other chore
- Ms. Maggie: I would eliminate cleaning. I would eliminate cleaning because it takes too long, boring and I am not very good at it