Roberto Cruz Leadership Academy
Jaguars Lead the Way
Message from the Principal
I hope you are all staying safe. That you're staying home if you can, and if you do have to go out and work, that you are following safety measures.
I want to take this time to wish all of our mothers a Happy Mother's Day. I hope you had a very relaxing day. Thank you to all of you who submitted a picture for Mother's Day. if you have any pictures you would like to share, please send them our way.
There are only four weeks of school left, so please make sure that your student is doing work. If your student is unable to make a live session, make sure they check in with their teacher or watch a recording. We understand that a lot is going on, and times can be stressful; however, we want to make sure that you all succeed. Reach out to your student's teachers or any of the staff if you need to. We are here to support you.
Silicon Valley Reads is a program that encourages reading and discussion of selected book as a way to open community dialogue. Silicon Valley Read promotes reading, literacy, and the appreciation of good literature among all members of the community. Silicon Valley Reads supports education and lifelong learning, critical for Silicon Valley to maintain its leadership in creativity and innovation.
The poster contest was based on the "Women's Suffrage and Enduring Fight for Equality."
Congratulations to our winners!
Student Life Report
This week counseling presentation is titled "Completing a Career Aptitude Inventory." Check out the presentation on your Google Classroom.
Sign up to receive announcements from Ms. Alanis
Class of 2020: text @rclast20 to 10108
Class of 2021: text @rclast21 to 10108
Class of 2022: text @rclast22 to 10108
Class of 2023: text @rclast23 to 10108
College & Career
Announcements for Seniors
- HFSV College Success Center is presenting an online panel, "Decisions Decisions! A Talk About Transitioning to College" on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 3 PM via Zoom!
- Sign up with this link
- Need help understanding your financial aid package? Text Brittany at (408) 430-7402!
Announcements for Juniors
- Online workshop series for high school juniors called, "Contemplate, Assess, Strategize, and Execute Your Path to College."
- This workshop will take place on four Fridays from 4:00 - 4:30 PM on May 15, May 22, May 29, and June 5!
- Register through this link HERE: https://forms.gle/zDkvLrqR21ymffPD6
- Sign Up for Junior Lesson on Creating Draft College Lists this Thursday 5/14
- RCLA: https://forms.gle/E6xXc7eDqbvVFztF7
- Sign up for a FREE college essay workshop series from June 1-5!: https://forms.gle/9F2eceaRNqCRyUex6
- Details: Get a head start on your college essays! College essay expert Ethan Sawyer (The College Essay Guy) will provide a FREE college essay workshop series from June 1-5.
- Complete this survey TODAY to sign up! The College and Career team will follow up with further details. This is open to all grade levels! Sign up form: https://forms.gle/9F2eceaRNqCRyUex6
- Topics include:
- Brainstorming + Picking a Topic (Other than Covid-19)
- Homework: Write a first draft
- Revising your first draft
- Homework: Write a second draft
- Upleveling your essay
Department Spotlight- Spanish
Profe Klein has enjoyed teaching from home. He sits on his computer and waits as his students log in for his live sessions. During his time off, he enjoys playing the guitar and works on perfecting his guitar skills. He also tends to his vegetable garden. He goes on daily runs and enjoys making experiments in the kitchen.
Maestro Asencio favorite part of distance learning is teaching from outside. As you all know, Mr. Asencio enjoys the outdoors and if he could teach outside every day, he would.
Maestro Asencio continues to stay fit and goes on daily walks. He also goes out with his family, all while following the safety guidelines and wearing a mask.
Food Resources for Families
Food Pantry: Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
Produce Mobile Program: Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
1:30- 3:00 p.m.
Family Harvest Program: Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Food Pantry: Crossroad Calvary Church
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday/ Miercoles, Jueves y Viernes
8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Food Distribution: Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
Tuesday- Friday/ Martes- Viernes
9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Food Pantry: St. Maria Goretti Parish
Monday-Friday/ Lunes- Viernes
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Lord’s Pantry: Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
Monday- Friday/ Lunes- Viernes
9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Grocery Program: Loaves and Fishes Family Kitchen
8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
If your student needs tech support, please reach out to us and we will schedule a time for you to pick up or exchange technology.
If your chromebook or charget doesn't work, we will exchange it for a working one. If you need help getting wifi, we can also provide support and connect you with various resources.
Please call or email us to schedule a pick-up/ exchange.
408-471-4680 ext. 4002
Be Kind to Your Mind
Tips to cope with stress during COVID-19
1. PAUSE. Breathe. Notice how you feel
2. TAKE BREAKS from COVID-19 content
3. MAKE TIME to sleep and exercise
4. REACH OUT and stay connected
5. SEEK HELP if overwhelmed or unsafe
For more information, please visit https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Awareness-Events/Mental-Health-Month