A.I. duPont Middle School
Vision of the Future: A Student's Day in the LIfe
Project Learning Time--8:00-9:30
Students work on relevant and rigorous projects in their core subject areas that require them to think critically, problem-solve and collaborate with their peers. Students assemble their work in their portfolios for each content area.
dupont Reads: 9:30-10:15
Sustained Silent reading of student chosen text to read
Weekly Current events article
Personalized Learning Time-10:15-11:45
Every student has a Personalized Learning Plan and students learn content from a list of online playlist, texts, videos while moving at their own pace.
Students celebrate their successes and areas of growth both individually and as a group
organize for student led conferences
Students solve computational math problems on the computer. The program is self-paced and quizzes are embedded in the process. Teachers conference one on one with students to review their results
Tutoring, STEAM activities, Chess Club, Coding Academy with Tinker, Ecology Green Team
Report Card Night-Student-led Conferences
Overview of Change Levers
- Literacy Across the Content Areas(Reading and Writing Workshop)
- Project Based Learning (Standards-Based Instruction)
- Professional Learning Community
- Data- driven Culture
- What do we care about?
- What are we willing to dare for what we care about?
- How will we know if we are headed in the right direction?
- How will we change course if we need to?
- How will we celebrate our successes?