NHS Band & Guard
EVENT: September 23 @ New Milford High School
Practice & Event Schedule
12:15 pm: Rehearsal @ NHS
4:15 pm: Break*
5:45 pm: Depart for New Milford High School
6:15 pm: Arrive
7:50 pm: Performance**
9:00 pm: Awards
9:30 pm: Depart for NHS
10:30 pm: Arrive @ NHS
* There will always be a lunch and/or dinner break listed on the schedule. You can either send something with your child or bring them lunch/dinner at that time. If we have a double-show day, members will usually have a lunch break at NHS and then have time to buy dinner at one of the shows.
Parents, don't forget to sign up for late-breaking news and updates to this schedule through REMIND - click here or text @nhsbandg to the number 81010.
Includes full event schedule, participating bands and a map for directions.
Instrument & music
Uniform in garment bag
Band shoes, black crew socks & NHSBG windbreaker
Hat and gloves in hat box
Change of clothes
Hair ties, bobby pins, head bands, etc.
Food for breaks
NOTE: plumes will be distributed to members before each performance & collected right after the performance
- Flag Bag with all flags and weapons correctly taped
- Uniform in garment bag
- Show Makeup
- Guard Gloves and Shoes
- Hair gels/sprays/ fasteners/accessories
- Black socks
- Show Shirt
- Food for breaks
We also recommend:
- Any personal items (hair brush, deodorant -- strongly encouraged after a few hours of practice - etc.)
- Hand warmers/foot warmers for cold evenings
- Seat Cushions
- Stadium blankets, hand & foot warmers
- Cow bells & shakers
- Show your spirit by wearing a show shirt and/or band/guard sweatshirt/jacket!
- We try to sit together at the 50 yard line. Bring blankets to save seats for other Newtown parents! New parents, if you see someone with a Newtown shirt/jacket on please introduce yourself, we are a very friendly bunch...
Have a Question?
There's always an answer... Feel free to contact your parent buddy or any NHSBPC board member below:
- Michele Buzzi, Acting President: 203-417-8948 (c)
- D.J. Ledina, Vice President: 203-240-6966 (c)
- Lisa Keeping, Treasurer: 203-417-7047 (c)
- Joanie Minor, Recording Secretary: 203-536-2151 (c)
- Pia Ledina, Corresponding Secretary: 203-313-4361 (c)