Book Exchange and Book Drive
To Benefit Reading Partners
What do I do with these books my child no longer reads?
Many families have bookshelves packed with books that were once beloved and now just take up space. The Zarrow library will be hosting a Book Exchange and Book Drive to benefit a Tulsa organization called Reading Partners. This organization provides volunteers to help children who struggle to learn to read. They work primarily in communities where students have limited access to reading material in their homes. As part of the program, they provide new or gently used books for students to choose from to take home. Having books in the home is an important part of teaching a child to value and practice reading!
Our plan to help:
- We are asking families to go through their bookshelves at home and collect gently-used books that they no longer need.
- Bring the books to the Zarrow Library from April 13-April 28.
- For every 2 books a child brings (up to 10 books), they will receive a ticket for the Book Exchange, which will be held on April 29. (You are welcome to bring more than 10 books, but we will only give out a maximum of 5 tickets per child.)
- On Friday, April 29, all students who have donated books will get to come to the library to spend their tickets. One ticket=one choice out of the donated books to get to take home to keep.
- After the Book Exchange, all remaining books will be donated to Reading Partners.
Find out more about Reading Partners here.