The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending December 2nd, 2022
In this Edition...
- Principal's Corner🍎
- This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
- Jingle Mingle🔔
- Amazon Wishlist 💖
- Nominate your favorite teacher! 🏆
- Upcoming Events🤩
- Important Dates📅
- K-12 Reminders ✔️
- Student Progress
- School Pictures
- MyHours Attendance
- Device & Material Pick-Up
- K-6 Updates📘
- 7th & 8th Grade Updates 😎
- 9th-12th Grade News🖥️
- What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
- PLC Friday's 🔥
- Curriculum Adoption 📖
- Aspire on F.I.R.E. 🔥
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families,
We were so excited to see our awesome Aspire community come to the Innovation Center for Jingle Mingle! This event was a huge success by any measure! Students and families spent the evening filled with crafts, songs, a jog, games and so much more! Thank you to those who helped make this a success from our specials teachers, our PTSA, and our amazing teachers who came to volunteer. Thank you to our many sponsors!
Grades close this Friday for students in grades K-6 and at some point the following week for students in grades 7-12. See 7-8 Updates and 9-12 News sections below for additional information or check with your teacher and your Canvas course for details. Also please check you students Canvas courses for any upcoming examinations or district interims.
Tax Credit Donation: Please consider making your school tax credit donation to Aspire. Funds will be used to support and help grow our clubs, speakers, and field trips. See flyer below or call Aspire for details.
Yearbooks are on sale now! Early Bird price is $20 through December 31 and $22 on January 1st. Details are below.
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
Jingle Mingle! 🔔
Our Jingle Mingle was a HUGE success and such a fun event!
Thank you to all students and families who came - and also a HUGE shoutout to those who planned and organized all of the amazing activities!
We raffled off several gift baskets and cards!
Thank you to Coach Thomas for seeking out those donations!
Thank you to the companies and families who sponsored the items for our raffles and silent auction baskets!
AMF Union Hill Lanes
Anna Kat Craft Studio
Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers
Lego Discovery Center
Peter Piper Pizza
Sky Zone Phoenix
Aspire Amazon Wishlist! 💖
Nominate a teacher!
The Silver Apple Award is accepting nominations for outstanding teachers through March 10, 2023.
Winning teachers will be featured on Arizona's Family 3TV and receive a $1,000 prize!
For more information visit: www.azfamily.com/community/silver-apple
There you can nominate your favorite teacher for the Silver Apple Award, find official rules, and previous Silver Apple winners.
Spirit Week - Dec 12th-16th
Order your 22-23 Yearbook! ❤️🧡💛
In-Person Student Learning Opportunities 📚
Aspire T-Shirts For Sale 👕
December 6 & 7th: In person DIBLES testing K-3
December 7: Hour of Code for In-Person students grades 4-6; USAA volunteers will be helping
December 9th: Last day for 2nd quarter grades K-6
December 13th: Aspire School Spelling Bee
December 16th: End of Quarter 2 | K-8 Half-Day - 12:05PM Dismissal
December 19th-30th- Winter Break *No School*
January 2nd: Staff PD Day - No School for Students!
January 3rd: School Resumes!
*Students in grades K-8 who are unable to demonstrate success (as determined by assessments and/or submitted coursework) are required to attend the synchronous instruction. This is a great way to support student academic growth. *
Device & Q3 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
K-3 Students | DIBELS Testing
We are excited to announce that we are offering in-person DIBELS testing for K-3 students. DIBLES is a state mandated test taken three times each year. Our goal is to collect the most current and accurate data to measure reading skills and plan instruction aligned with those results. In person testing provides a means for us to get to know your child while testing in a comfortable and secure environment. We HIGHLY encourage your child to come to the Innovation Center between 1:00-3:30 on Tuesday 12/6/22 or Wednesday 12/7/22. While at the center, there will be other learning opportunities for your child.
Sign up for your in-person DIBLES testing here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d48afaf2aa13-dibels
Dr. Victor's Dreambox DoorDash! 🥪
Want lunch delivered to your home by Dr. Victor?! All you have to do is play DreamBox!
This is for any K-8 fulltime Aspire Student!
How it works:
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for every 5 DreamBox lessons that they complete each week up to 2 entries (for 10+ lessons)
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for completing 40 minutes of Amplify (K-5)/NoRedInk (6-8)
- Drawings will be held once at the end of the month.
- The student whose name is drawn will get to pick what they would like Dr. Victor to bring them for lunch. This will be coordinated with their parent/guardian.
We can't wait to celebrate students and their hard work!
Reach out to your classroom teacher if you have questions!
Birthday Shout-outs! 🎂 📢
Aspire is excited to offer different clubs to promote student social interaction and interests!
- Science Club from 1:15-2:00pm on Mondays for K-3 grade students with Mrs. Link and Mrs. Bushbaum
- Book Club from 1:30-2:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4-6 grades with Mrs. Gottlieb (In person or Virtual)
See the flyers below for additional in-person and virtual club opportunities!
7th & 8th Grade Updates😎
- Congratulations to our 7th and 8th grade Spelling Bee Winners!
- Jamasen D & Jazanya M!
- Runner-Ups were McKenzie H., Daniella O., and Aubriyahna B.!
- Well done!!!
- The end of the Quarter is quickly approaching! Please check with your teachers regarding the last day to turn in assignments!
- Students with D's and F's should be meeting with their Teachers during MTSS time in the afternoon. (Zoom on Monday & Wednesday | Innovation Center on Tuesday & Thursday)
- Save the Date | Middle School Welcome Back Event
- January 5th @ 2-3:30PM @ the Innovation Center!
7th & 8th Grade Math | Required Zoom
- December 13th for the Mid-Year Growth Measure Assessment
- All 7th and 8th grade Math students are required to attend during their regularly scheduled Zoom Math time
Please reach out to Malissa.Utter@dvusd.org with any questions!
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
9th-12th Grade High School Students/Families
The end of the semester is approaching!
Please read through the following information carefully so you are aware of our final due dates and procedures for the end of the semester!
- LAST DAY to Submit Assignments!
- The LAST DAY for 9th-12th grade students to submit assignments is December 13th @ 11:59PM. There will be no exceptions!
- Course "End" Tests
- In all 9th-12th grade courses, students will have a Course "End" Test that they will complete. This might be in the form of an assessment or a submission of a project/assignment. Students must complete/submit the Course "End" Test within the time frame. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Course "End" Test opens: Wednesday, December 14th
- Course "End" Test closes: Thursday, December 15th @ 11:59PM
- Canvas Courses CLOSE
- 9th-12th Grade Canvas Courses will CLOSE on Thursday, December 15th @ 11:59PM. This means that they will disappear from students' homepages and students/families will no longer be able to access the course(s).
9th-12th FINAL GRADES will be posted to PowerSchools on Friday, December 16th by Noon!
- Please review your students' grade periodically as we approach these end dates. If you have any questions about a particular grade, please reach out to your student's teacher.
Attention Seniors! 🎓
Graduation is right around the corner! It is time to prepare for your big day by purchasing your cap, gown, and memorabilia as the Class of '23!
Act now to take advantage of limited time offers!!
Learning Lab 🖥️
As the semester winds down, the Learning Lab is the perfect place to come and finish up assignments, meet with your teachers for any list minute questions, and prepare for the end of our courses!
The Learning Lab will close for the semester after December 9th!
- Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- Time: 2 PM-6 PM
- Location: Innovation Center
The Learning Lab will always be staffed by at least two full-time online teachers. To schedule a time to meet with a specific teacher for support, please reach out to them in Canvas!
Click here to view the calendar with Learning Lab availability for the semester!
In-Person District Assessments 📝
For 22-23 School Year, some district assessments are required to be completed in-person by Aspire students. Click here for more information regarding District Assessments.
Upcoming Required In-Person Assessments:
- Anatomy 1 | Test 2 - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Forensics 1: Unit 3 Test - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Biology 1: Homeostasis - Dec 5th or 9th
- Spanish Assessment - Dec 7th - 12PM-5PM
- Chemistry 1 & 1H | Unit 3 - Dec 12th or 15th
- Earth Science 1: Test 2 - Dec 12th or 15th
If your child is enrolled in one of the above courses,
communication regarding these assessments has been sent out.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
Consider Joining our Amazing Aspire PTSA
Next meeting: Wednesday, January 25th at 5:00pm
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Use the QR Code to join! Individual Membership $6 Business Membership $25
Curriculum Adoption 📖
Music K-12 Adoption Materials Now Available for Public Review
Deer Valley Unified School District (DVUSD) is currently in the process of reviewing materials for a Music Curriculum Materials Adoption for grades K-12. The curriculum adoption team has selected three potential resources for our K-12 Music students and teachers. Materials are now available for public review and will remain available until January 2, 2023.
Please visit the K-12 Music Curriculum Materials Adoption page for additional information and to provide feedback. We look forward to hearing from our community!
Social Studies Adoption - Open for Public Review! November 4th - January 2nd, 2023
The K-12 Social Studies Resource Adoption Public Review is now available for all stakeholders to assist in reviewing materials that have been selected by our district committee members for possible adoption. Public review will be open from November 4th - January 2nd, 2023.
We look forward to hearing from our community!