Middle School Math Visible Learning Course
Come discover how to generate that "aha" moment of understanding as students learn
- Articulate clear learning intentions and success criteria at surface, deep, and transfer levels
- Employ evidence to guide students along the path of becoming metacognitive and self-directed mathematics achievers
- Use formative assessments to track what students understand, what they don't, and why
- Select the right task for the conceptual, procedural, or application emphasis you want, ensuring the task is for the right phase of learning
- Adjust the difficulty and complexity of any task to meet the needs of all learners
- Engage students in real-world activities strengthening modeling and reasoning skills
Facilitators include authors of the book "Teaching Mathematics in the Visible Learning Classroom".
Participants will receive a stipend of $125, a copy of the book mentioned above, a digital badge to attach to your email signature, and up to $200 of other great resources.
The course will be offered on the dates below.
4/13/19 9:00am - 3:00pm
3700 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43207
Visit https://goo.gl/forms/XZlMxQb6OHzzJjLD2 to sign up today!
Then, sign up in PDS using course #12986