Advanced Practice Midwifery Course
Atlanta Clinical Skills Workshop
JOIN US FOR A TWO DAY INTENSIVE HANDS-ON CLINICAL SKILLS WORKSHOP
Atlanta Workshop Agenda
Tuesday Oct 11th, 8am - 5 pm
- Advanced fetal monitoring, out-of-hospital NST and fluid assessment
- Shoulder dystocia prevention and management with hands on mannequin practice and role play
- Internal fetal head positioning and re-positioning & cervical lip diagnosis & treatment
- Non-pharmaceutical cervical ripening & labor induction including herbs, oils, homeopathics, natural prostaglandins & oxytocin release, and bulb foley placement
Wednesday Oct 12th, 8am - 3pm
- Hemorrhage diagnosis & treatment, estimated blood loss, treating shock, and urinary catheter placement
- Preventing tears, performing episiotomy, and repairing lacerations including labial, clitoral hood & 3rd degree extensions
Augustine is an accomplished management executive with a strong entrepreneurial heart and a trusted, skilled, out-of-hospital midwife who takes much joy in mainstreaming midwifery and the midwifery model of care. She respects a woman’s need for the empowering feeling of being undisturbed during labor, but balances this attention to the sacred rite of passage with 17 years experience attending births in hospitals, birth centers, and homes in rural, urban and suburban environments in the US and abroad. Augustine’s focus is finely attuned to the process of letting go and opening to the unknown in labor and in life.
Augustine consults around the country for start-up birth centers and new midwives opening or expanding their practices. She also teaches Advanced Practice Midwifery Skills Workshops to help further the hands-on experience of new and experienced midwives. It is her profound joy to illuminate the sacred journey of pregnancy and birth for other women as well as participate in the education of the next generation of midwives. She is also writing a book for parents and editing a film project, called, "what labor looks [and sounds] like" due out summer 2017.