By: Amber Little
- Work with individuals, groups, families, etc. to help understand problems, and determine realistic goals.
- Collect information on interviews, previous history, observations,and other methods.
- Provide services to the school, social service agencies, and businesses.
- Give them references to specialists.
- Analyze data
- In 2011, the median salary was $32.00/hr and $67,880 yearly.
- They can work shifted hours. Mornings, evenings, it depends where they work.
- They can work in schools, offices, business's, or social services.
- Doctoral or professional degree
- Should have previous knowledge in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) educational disciplines
What you need to know!
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Active Learning
- Learning strategies
- Operations analysis
Is there more? Is there more?
- From 2012-2020 there should be a 20-28% increase in jobs
- There are 82,000 protected job openings
- 34% of people are employed
- 32% work in educational services
What if i don't like this type of psychology?
- Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Child, School, and Family Social Workers
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Recreational Therapists
How to Get Medical Jobs : How to Become a Psychologist