SPB Family Newsletter
June 2, 2023-FINAL
The Eucharistic community of Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School
focuses on Christ-centered values and develops the unique potential of each student
through a rigorous and engaging curriculum.
End of the School Year Prayer
I leave you with a final prayer and wish all of our families a wonderful and relaxing summer!
O God of all beginnings and endings,
We praise and thank you for the gift of this school year.
It has been a time filled with grace and blessings,
With challenges and opportunities, joys and sorrows.
Watch over us in the weeks of rest ahead,
And guide each day as you have done this past year.
Help us return to school with a new spirit and a new energy.
May we continue to grow in age, wisdom, knowledge, and grace
All the days of our lives. Amen.
Peace and Blessings,
Diane Raguz, Principal
Congratulations, Class of 2023!
FIELD DAY FUN!
There are many people and groups of people who deserve an enthusiastic thank you for helping us along our journey this school year. In no particular order, I want to thank:
- Our parents and families who sacrifice to send your children to Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School and who share our good news with others!
- Our faculty and staff members for demonstrating their commitment and dedication to their students and to our school community. Once again this year, they went above and beyond in so many ways, and I am beyond thankful for and proud of each and every one of them!
- Father Lane for his unwavering support of our school, our students, and our faculty/staff.
- The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) for your financial assistance with so many of our school programs, including the 1:1 Chromebook program, Operation Keepsake, student competitions, grade level support, and so much more. Thank you isn’t nearly enough!
- The Blessed Sacrament Ladies Guild for purchasing Bibles for our fifth graders and supporting us in other ways. We are so blessed to have you as part of our parish community!
- The SPB Athletic Association and its many parent volunteers who provided so many opportunities for our students to be actively involved in a variety of sports and teaching them life skills. Your dedication to our students is simply amazing!
- Our many moms, dads, and grandparents who answered the call to volunteer in so many capacities--classroom helpers, chaperones, coaches, etc. You are priceless!
- Families, parishioners, and friends who supported our fundraisers, celebrated Mass with us, encouraged us with words, and kept us in their daily prayers. We are so fortunate to be part of this parish community!
- The playground moms, dads, and grandparents for showing up each week to watch over our kids even when the weather wasn't ideal. Thank you!
- Our students, faculty, and staff for showing what it means to be a community of faith. Thank you for intentionally building the community we have here!
Dear Saint Paschal Baylon School Families,
It is always bittersweet to say goodbye, but I wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know that I feel blessed to have been a part of this community for the past 18 years!
In recent days, I have shared so many hugs, tears, laughs, and memories with many of you who have stopped by to say goodbye. I will always remain appreciative of your kindness, support, and generosity over the years and will keep you all close to my heart. I could never forget you!
Please know that you will all be in my daily prayers, and I hope you will keep me in your prayers, too! God bless you.
Karen M. Lipstreu
Attention: Current Sixth Grade Parents
Your Student's Bible
Just a reminder that in the beginning of 5th grade each student was gifted a Bible from The Ladies Guild that will be used through their 8th grade year. Please remind your student to bring them home for summer and remember to return them for use for next school year. Thank you!
We appreciate all you did to help this year!
Uniform Exchange Drop Off
Now – June 9
Please bring in your outgrown, gently used, laundered uniform and spirit wear items.
Place the items in the bin located by the drop off/pick up table in the lobby inside the main school doors. Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and during Masses on weekends.
Donations will be sorted/placed out during the next PTO Uniform Sale. If you are selling items: label an envelope with your family name/sale amount and pin it to the item.
The next PTO Uniform Sale will take place August 1 - 22.
Questions? Contact Colleen Ockenden at CMOckenden@gmail.com
SHOW US YOUR SPB PRIDE!!💚
Whether you are going to the local pool, taking a quick trip out of state, or boarding a plane to Europe, show us your SPB pride! Snap a picture wearing your SPB spiritwear wherever your travels might take you this summer and let us know where you are visiting. Send pictures to Ms. Raguz at email@example.com, and we will share them with our SPB community on social media. We can't wait to see how our Green Knights are celebrating summer! #SPBproud
Important Dress Code Reminders for 2023-2024
- Shoes: School shoes are defined as good, sturdy, supportive shoes. They must have non-marking soles. Shoe color must be basic black, brown, navy blue, tan, or grey. WHITE SHOES ARE NOT PERMITTED. Tennis shoes, sandals, backless shoes, moccasins or ballerina slippers are not part of the basic uniform. Heels of shoes may not be higher than one inch. Saddle shoes are acceptable. Tennis shoes, track shoes, hiking shoes, moccasins or boots are not part of the basic uniform. **Note: Kindergartners have the option to wear tennis shoes with Velcro closings. No laces, please.
- Polo Shirts: Polo shirts MUST have the SPB logo. These can be purchased at Schoolbelles. K-4 girls SHOULD NOT wear polo shirts under their jumpers.
- Socks: Solid-colored black, brown, navy, khaki, or white crew socks without logos. The uniform sock is a full crew sock. No-shows and Elites are NOT PERMITTED.
- Skirts: The length of the skirt must be just above the knee. This summer would be a good time for hems to be let out to make them the correct length.
- K-4 Girls Blouses: White, short- or long-sleeve, either broadcloth with Peter Pan rounded collar, broadcloth with tailored pointed collar, or oxford with button-down collar should. be worn under the uniform jumper. Girls SHOULD NOT wear polo shirts under their jumpers.
- 7-8 Boys: All 7th and 8th grade boys are required to wear a white or light blue dress shirt to school with a tie. The 7th and 8th grade boys can wear polo shirts with shorts with their seasonal uniform- from May 1st to October 1st.
- Hairstyles: Trendy and radical hairstyles are not permitted. No dyed, streaked, flashed, bleached, tipped, or highlighted hair is permitted for either boys or girls. Boys’ hair length should be to the collar and above the eyes.
**PLEASE REFER TO THE PARENT-STUDENT HANDBOOK (PAGES 25-27) FOR THE FULL DRESS CODE.
The following teachers have expressed an interest in tutoring students during the summer. Listed are their names, the grade level/s, subject/s, and their email addresses. Please contact the individual teachers for details.
Miss Felice Ferrante, Grades 3-6
Mrs. Katie Klick, Kindergarten-Grade 2
Mrs. Moira Popelka, Grades 1-6
Reading, English, Study Skills
Mrs. Beth Uzzo, Kindergarten-Grade 5
Ms. Amanda Woletz, All Grades, K-8
Speech, Language, Social Skills
Yearbook sales for the 2022-2023 school year are open!
The standard package starts at $23 and you can order online.
The deadline to order is June 17th.
To order your yearbook visit:
School ID 11585723
SKIP THE LINES-Order your school supplies now & save!
Kits will be delivered via FedEx two weeks before the start of school.
Our PTO is offering the 1stDaySchoolSupplies program for 2023-2024. Enjoy hassle-free, pre-packaged, name brand school supply kits filled with the exact supplies requested by your child’s teacher. These kits are a cost effective and convenient way of purchasing your back-to-school supplies. Need a bookbag? Be sure to check out the add on items available!
Order Now --> https://1stdayschoolsupplies.com/kits.php?sid=83582
Questions? Contact Colleen Ockenden at CMOckenden@gmail.com.
We listened: no more hauling big boxes around at Meet Your Teacher...orders will be shipped directly to you so that you may bring your students labeled supplies at Meet Your Teacher on August 21. Orders are due by June 30.
Camp Invention 2023
Register for exciting STEM fun at Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School this summer from June 12-16.
Use SUM15 to save $15! invent.org/mylocalcamp
Bus Transportation for 2023-2024 School Year
Mayfield Transportation (Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School will provide a list of enrolled students to MAY; however parents MUST request transportation using the link.)
Richmond Heights Transportation (Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School will provide a list of enrolled students to RH; however, parents MUST request transportation using the link.)
South Euclid-Lyndhurst (Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School will provide a list of enrolled students to SEL.)
Willoughby-Eastlake Transportation (Saint Paschal Baylon Catholic School will provide a list of enrolled students to W-E; however, parents MUST request transportation using the link.)