PERSONALIZED. INNOVATIVE. GLOBAL.
Return to Learn Plan
- We are planning on starting back in an on-site learning environment on Monday, August 17
- Efforts will be made to limit large gatherings by varied groups of students and we will do all we can to keep kids physically distanced.
- We will have staggered arrival and dismissal times.
- We are encouraging parents to bring their children to school so we can limit the number of students riding the buses.
- We are not planning on having town bus routes for students who live less than two miles from the school building.
- Students will be expected to wear a mask (except for certain situations) while riding on school buses to protect each other as well as our bus drivers.
- At this time, we will not require students to wear masks in the building. There may be times during the day that we expect students to wear masks, but as of today, those times would be few.
- We will more than likely require staff to wear masks when around others.
- We are planning on lunch being sacked individually and eaten in classrooms. Students should not share lunch items.
- To limit potential exposure, visitors will not be allowed into the building in most cases unless special arrangements have been made.
The linked document is the rough draft of our three plans. There will be more details available as we get closer to August, but this document should give parents and students a good idea of what we expect school to look like at the start of the year with each potential plan. We have worked with our teachers, student leadership team, and the School Improvement Advisory Committee comprised of parents, teachers, staff, and students to put these plans together. The school board will approve our plans at our July School Board Meeting.
Again, these plans are fluid and could change rather quickly. We will do our best to follow the guidelines of the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa Department of Public Health, the Dallas County Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Summer Office Hours
20-21 School Year Registration
Thanks for getting your children registered for the next school year and have a great summer.
Mental Health Support
We know and understand that these are challenging times. Everyone's lives have been altered and it is challenging for all of us. If what is being asked of students is requiring too much time, let us know and we will find ways to provide more support or make adjustments to what we are asking kids to do. We just really want to put them in the best position to be successful academically, but we ultimately want to make sure our students are healthy.
Please reach out if your kids are struggling mentally. We have a great team of counselors and they would be glad to provide support if needed.
Jayci Kuhns- Social Worker, email@example.com
Sara Cook- Elem. Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Hopkins- Sec. Counselor, email@example.com