The Starside Communication - January 22, 2016
A Message From Your Principal
Greetings, Starside Families!
January is national "Thank You!" month and I want to say, "Thank you!" for your investment in your child's success at Starside. Every morning, our students enter the front doors with smiles and kind greetings for others in our building. As our students learn and work together throughout the day, the pride they behold of their education and character is evident. At Starside, we know our students are smart and capable of great achievement. However, as your principal, my pride comes most from seeing our students support each other through acts of kindness and during times of need.
It takes a village to raise a happy, healthy, and grateful child. We recognize the work you put in at home to ensure your child is well prepared. The teachers and support staff at Starside want to say, "Thank you!" for the time, expectations, and balance of life experiences you provide your child with at home. Setting your standards high for your child's achievement and behavior helps to make our day more productive at school. You are the most important character in your child's life. You make all the difference helping them to learn, grow, and become model citizens. Thank you.
Kris Meyer, Principal
Notes from the Lunchroom
- 25 - Skate City 6-8 pm
- 4 - Kindergarten Roundup 6-7:00
- 10 - NO SCHOOL for Kinder and Pre-K - Conferences
- 11 - NO SCHOOL for all students - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 12 - NO SCHOOL for all students - Buildings Closed
- 15 - NO SCHOOL for Students and Staff - Presidents' Day
- 16 - Classes Resume
- 16 - Spring Pictures
Notes from the Lunchroom
- Please send lunch money in an envelope with your childs' name and classroom teacher especially if you are sending cash.
- If you would like to eat lunch with your child just give us a call in the morning by 9:00 and we can order a school lunch for you. Of course, you are always welcome to bring something else to eat.
- Lunch prices--$2.25 student/$3.45 adult/$.50 extra milk/juice.
- Please report absences by 9:00 am at 913-667-6279
- Report absences online at http://bit.ly/1PtJPle
- Extended absence form: If you will be taking your child out of school for more than 3 days, you will need to fill out an extended absence form. You're child's teacher and Mrs. Meyer will sign the form. Please give your child's teacher plenty of notice to get homework together.
- Early pick-ups If you will be picking your child up early, please let us know as soon as possible. We will let the teacher know and we will call your child to the office as soon as you arrive.
Bus Company - First Student
PTA SKATE PARTY!
We will be having a Starside Skating Party on Monday evening, January 25th, from 6-8 pm. A free spirit stick will be provided to the first 100 skaters who come through the doors. Don’t forget to join us for this night of fun!
WHAT TO BRING
IT’S TIME FOR
Starside Elementary Parent Information Night
February 4th at 6:00‐7:00 p.m.
• If you have a child that turns five on or before August 31, 2016, please call the office at 913‐667‐6270 to pre‐register.
• Parents please leave your kindergartner/siblings at home as this process involves a lot of paperwork.
• Please bring the following:
Your child’s birth certificate (state certified copy)
Current immunization record
You may also pay district fees at this time
35400 West 91st Street De Soto, KS 66018 (913) 667-6270
If you know anyone who may not know about this date, please pass this flier on to them. Thank you for your help!
Fundraising made easy with SchoolStore
There are 3 easy ways to participate in this on-going fundraiser.
- Donate a gift card
- Shop the Family Book Store
- Shop with featured merchants
School Name: Starside Elementary School
School ID: 785
Order your 2015-2016 Starside Yearbook TODAY!
An order form will be sent home with your child next week for a Starside Yearbook. Orders can be made online or returned in the envelope to the Starside office. All yearbook orders are due by MARCH 4th, 2016. Please contact Ms. Crow if you have any questions.
This year students will ONLY receive a yearbook if they have purchased one for $10 by March 4th, 2016. Every student will receive an autograph page for signing at the end of the year, whether or not a yearbook is purchased.
Starside Elementary Counselor
De Soto High School Dance Coach
Got Pop Tabs?
Starside has a goal of collecting 75 POUNDS of pop tabs by the end of the year. Please bring in any aluminum tabs to help us reach our goal and support the Ronald McDonald House.