Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of Jan 24th
Family-School Relationships Survey
Our District values feedback from families, and we would like to learn more about your child’s school experience this year. CCS is collecting responses for a Family-School Relationships Survey to learn how we can better support our community during the rest of the school year and beyond.
Parents and guardians, please take 10-15 minutes to complete the Family-School Relationships Survey. Surveys need completed by Friday, January 28th. Families with children at more than one school should complete one survey for their oldest child in each school.
To access the survey, families can visit surveys.panoramaed.com/ccsoh/family and select their child’s school. Select your student’s school from the dropdown menu and click “Take this survey.” All responses are completely anonymous and will help us to plan programs, resources, and services for the remainder of this school year.
- Colerain T-Shirts - The PTA is coordinating an order of Colerain T-Shirts (light gray with new Colerain Logo). Order Forms will be distributed soon to Staff and Families.
- Request to Return to Homeschool Application: Accepted via the Parent Portal Wednesday, January 5, 2022 through Tuesday, March 22, 2022. - this applies to our lottery and overflow families.
- FEED-A-FRIEND - Wednesday, January 26th - please drop off food donations to Room 17 by the morning of so the 3rd Graders have time to sort and distribute. Most needed items: Peanut butter, jelly, bread, Mac n cheese, soups, canned ravioli, ramen noodles, cereal, pop tarts, oatmeal, canned tuna, granola bars, and fresh fruit!
- NO SCHOOL - Wednesday, February 2nd - professional development day
- Elementary School Fair - Thursday, February 3rd 6p - 7p - zoom links will be posted soon.
- CCS 5th Annual Relationship Week - Monday, February 7th - Friday, February 11th - more details soon.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - Tuesday, February 8th and Thursday, February 17th. More details soon.
FREE COVID-19 Test Kits
Here’s what you need to know: limit of one order per residential address; one order includes four individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests; orders will ship free starting in late January.
While these test kits are a resource for families, please note: for CCS students that are testing to return to school or test to play, they will need a proctored test result.
PBIS Tier III Practices - "Individualized Intervention"
- At Tier III, students receive more intensive, individualized support to improve their behavioral and academic outcomes. At this level, formal assessments (behavior function finder) are used to identify student’s needs.
- Interventions are intensified and duration and frequency increases
- Focus is on individualized plan with close intervention progress monitoring developed using a collaborative problem solving approach.
- Typically, approximately 3 to 5 percent of Colerain students need this level of support.
Launching Your Middle Schooler to Success
Part 1: Support your middle schooler’s growing independence
- Let your middle schooler have a say in family decisions.
- Middle schoolers have opinions! Be open to listening to them.
- Middle schoolers need rules, but they also have enough experience to help set them.
- FREE Admission and activities every weekend Feb - May
- Destinations/Dates/Times are available here: https://www.ccsoh.us/domain/4353
- You must register BEFORE you go! Click on "Destination" link on left hand side of page
- You must present "GREEN" Tickets when you arrive. Tickets were sent home in backpacks
FREE Admission to Franklin Park Conservatory
Franklin Co. residents get free general admission to the Conservatory on the first Sunday of the month.
Tickets are now available for the February 6 date. To learn more and reserve your tickets, visit: fpconservatory.org/february-community-day/
Tips for Transitions to Remote Learning
You’ve just received the phone call sharing that your child’s school is switching to remote learning because of staffing. Are you ready?
As our classrooms continue to navigate these unprecedented times - and schools are periodically forced to transition to remote learning - we want families to have the right resources to help their children access quality instruction at home.
When there’s a temporary school-level transition to remote learning, most of our teachers will continue to use Clever, Google Classroom, and Zoom for teacher-led or asynchronous (self-paced) instruction.
Here’s a tip for parents to start with: ask your child to show you how they log into Clever or Google Classroom to find assignments. Do they know the Zoom Link to connect to their teachers and do they know what time they need to be on camera?
If they struggle with answers on logging in, we’ve put together some helpful tips and instructions for parents to use. It can all be found at www.ccsoh.us/Page/11218.
You’ll find easy-to-follow videos and directions on starting up your child’s Chromebook, logging into Clever or the Parent Portal, directions for using Zoom and Google Tools, and reminders on how student access their school emails and resources.
2021-2022 Enrollment Is Open Now
You must complete the enrollment process first before you can select lottery schools
- Child must be 4 years old by Sept. 30, 2022
- 1/2 day and full day General Education and Special Education options
- Space is limited, so apply ASAP
- Families must transport students to and from pre-k unless they are served by special ed
- Click here to start enrollment
- Child must be 5 years old by Sept. 30, 2022
- Click here to start enrollment
Documents Required To Be Uploaded During Enrollment
- Birth Certificate, (I-94 or Passport acceptable)
- Address verification (i.e. recent gas, water, electric bill, Lease, or employment records, payroll stub with name & address listed)
- Immunization History
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody Documents (if applicable)
- IEP/MFE (if applicable)
- TB Results (if born outside the US or traveled outside the US for more than 60 days within the last 5 years) TB results must be from the United States.
- Previous grade card, transcript, and test scores (if applicable)
- Early Education Eligibility Screen Tool (Pre-K Only)
- Proof of Income (Pre-K Only)
Enrollment FAQs: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/2754
- FREE Vaccine Locations (no appointment needed): see flyer below
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- Real Mom Nutrition (CCS mom and Family Ambassador)
- First Tee Central Ohio (FREE Golf Classes for CCS Students)
- Columbus Parks & Rec Summer Camp Registration (outdoor camp registration starts Thursday, February 24th at 7 pm indoor camp registration starts March 1st at 7 pm)
- Joseph's Coats (& household goods)
- Children's Advocacy Project
- Cota Plus (rides to and from your home...accessible vehicles per request)
- Black Mental Health
- Tutoring Resources
- Action for Children
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.