Deer Creek School District
NEW DEER CREEK COMMUNICATION PLATFORM
Deer Creek School District is embarking on a new communication platform to include a Deer Creek App that is designed to enable parents, staff and students to stay informed and up-to-date on events, important issues, general information, emergency notifications and site based activities. The Deer Creek App will work conjointly with the SchoolMessenger App (registration only required one time) as a notification system. Once a parent has registered with the SchoolMessenger App, they will only need to use the Deer Creek App for all things Deer Creek!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO BELOW!!!!
A free Pre-Kindergarten program will be offered on a space available basis for the 2020-2021 school year. PK enrollment will be open across the district. Please read PROCEDURES and complete the APPLICATION. Pre-K classes are at Rose Union Elementary.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS REGARDING THE FOLLOWING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO OUR FAMILIES:
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- Art Club
- Basketball Spirit Pack
- Discovery Family Concert Series
- Parents Night Out
- Spring Testing Support Pack
Help Us Leave a Legacy of Kindess, Compassion, & Love for All!
Deer Creek Schools requests your financial support to expand our current transition program by building a model transition center known as the Deer Creek Transition Center (DCTC) for our students with special needs. By partnering with us on this mission, you will help improve the lives of special needs students in Deer Creek by transforming their learning opportunities in public education, decreasing their dependence on federal benefits, increasing graduation retention rates, as well as the employment rates. It will also serve as a catalyst training ground for districts throughout the state to follow, impacting special needs students throughout the state as well as those who teach and volunteer. In true Oklahoma style we want to work together to create this dynamic and real world learning environment for our students. It is our hope that you will choose to leave a legacy of compassion, kindness and love for our wonderful students.
Drop Off Site for BIKES4KIDS - DCIS - December 2-10, 2019
DCIS has an amazing opportunity to be a part of something special. We are partnering with Jeff George at FOX 25 and Bikes4Kids which is a "bike drive" that will take place here at DCIS on December 2nd - December 10th, 2019. The charity centers around Mr. John Ballard of Yukon, Executive Director. John and his sons take donated bikes in need of repair, fix them up, and give them to kids in need. No one has ever been turned away.
If you have a bicycle or tricycle in your garage that you are no longer using please consider donating it to Bikes 4 Kids and bring it to DCIS between December 2nd and December 10th. We will also take new bikes as well. :)
For More Information -Visit BIKES4KIDS Facebook Page
Inclement Weather School Closing Procedures
Deer Creek School District’s top priority is student safety. As we prepare for winter and potential inclement weather season, we want to inform our staff, students and parents of District protocols and procedures.
- In the case of inclement weather, the District will use multiple methods to inform staff, students and parents of school cancellations. We encourage you to check local news stations, the Deer Creek School District Facebook page and District Twitter account for current school closing status.
- School Messenger and the District App will go live in December and will be our main form of communication.
- If definitive warning has been given by multiple weather sources, media, and emergency agencies, the District may choose to cancel school the evening prior to the school day. There are times when the District cannot make the call to cancel school the evening prior and may need to do so early the morning of the school day.
- If students are in school and it is deemed by the District that there is a severe threat of dangerous weather, the district may notify parents that they may have the option to check their student out of school without penalty of attendance.
- If a parent chooses on any given day to check their student out early because of weather, they may do so but this will be considered an absence. The only time there will be no penalty of absence is when the District has made the call allowing early release/check out.