SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
Feb. 15, 2013 (Vol. 8)
- Congratulations Lisa Salley and Mario Borunda for being our Certificated and Classified Employees of the Year. Both of you represent all of the great qualities that make Solana Highlands the special place that it is to educate children!
- Security System to be replaced on Feb. 20th all day - Please do not come into school on this day
- Happy Birthday Debbie Barba (2-14) and Debbie Keller (2-23)
- Amazing Assembly on 2-26 - Emmanuel Yeboah is coming to share his inspiring message. See link: http://www.challengedathletes.org/atf/cf/%7B10e89006-a432-401e-bc75-805e68ce5c27%7D/EmmanuelOfosuYeboah.pdf
- Read Across America (Dr. Seuss's Birthday) - March 1st
HAVE A GREAT PRESIDENTS WEEK! ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF (that means no working) WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Parent Quote of the Week: "We are so blessed to be at Solana Highlands. It is such a wonderful place!"
- Teacher Quote of the Week from Wes Sechrest who shadowed on Thursday: "Everyone is friendly and welcoming. There's something really right with the way staff teaches manners and character. Even I felt welcome! Your staff has a great rapport with students. Students were also on task, know what they are learning, and engaged the whole time."
- Student Success Day - How wonderful it is to see that all of our students are getting the support they need. Thank you for the collective efforts of many to ensure that all students are moving towards proficiency!
- Thank you to Jessica, Ellen, Kirsten, Deb M., and Angie for meeting after school to plan for our 2-27 staff meeting where iMovie and Edmodo will be featured.
- Thank you to all of our instructional aides who are not only doing a great job supporting students academically but also doing a great job with being engaged and active supervisors on duty! (Marcy, Mary, Paula, Jennifer, Marla, Shauna, Jenelle, Amir, Linda, Tamara, Lauren, Hollis, Jody, Nancy, Ryan)
- Thank you for your participation in the Digital Dash! Funds raised will be going towards getting 1-to-1 iPads in our third grade for next year and supporting our Art, Science, PE, and DNN.
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." Michelangelo
Good! 2010-2011 MAP Scores
55% Adv., 28% Prof. = 83%
Better!! 2011-2012 MAP Scores
57% Adv., 25% Prof.=82%
Best!!! 2012-2013 MAP SCORES
63% Adv., 24% Prof.=87% Our scores for the Winter are the best to this point ever. Keep up the great work!
Watch the 1 minute video below and make it a goal to be explicit with setting learning objectives with students!