During April 2019, students in grades 7-8 will take the Idaho Standards Achievement Test (ISAT). The ISAT is the test used to measure Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). Students are tested in reading and math in Grades 7-8 and science
Parents can play an important role in getting students ready for the test. Here are suggestions on how parents can help their children prepare for the ISAT:
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep the night before the test.
- Make sure your child eats breakfast the day of the test.
- Make sure your child wears comfortable clothes on the day of the test.
- Let your child know that he or she should take the test seriously and do his or her best.
- Talk to your child about what to do while taking the test, including:
-paying attention to directions
-asking questions about the directions if they are not clear
-reading each question carefully
-eliminating wrong answers right away, then concentrating
on remaining choices
-double checking answers
This can be a stressful time for students. With your help we can ensure that students all students are in great frame of mind an ready to do their best.
April 2 All day Orchestral Festival @ South
April 4 All day Orchestra Festival @ South
April 5 9th AVID @ CSI
April 9 ELA ISAT 8th grade
April 10 ELA ISAT 7th grade
April 11 Math ISAT 8th grade
April 12 Math ISAT 7th grade
April 16 Science ISAT
April 17 Theatre Arts play
April 19 Shakespeare Day
April 24 All day Band Festival
April 24 BSD Vaping Presentation @ South 5:00 pm
April 25 8th grade Human Rights Field Trip AM
April 26 Band Large Group @ South (All Day)
May 10th Spring Fling 5:00-8:00PM
MAY 10th 5:00-8:00 Pm.