At a Glance
May 11, 2015. 13 items this week
There are not words to say how impressed I am with all of the success you bring to your students here and to your own families. Mothers here raise their own children to a high standard and then help to do the same with dozens of other children. Level Creek, and society in general would be nothing without your giving spirit.
Thank you to all of our mothers. Make sure that you give yours a call if you are able or say a prayer of thanks for the way they raised you if not. Know that you are raising this next generation. And raising it well.
(Ma Skelton says hi from Albuquerque)
Building Open on the weekend
The building will be open May 16th if you need to work over the weekend. Check the staff calendar for times.
Report Cards Last Day
Bus Stickers Last Day
In your class' permanent files you will place:
- Report Card
- LA Communication Report
- Final Academic Contract (if applicable)
- Final GKIDS summary report (Kindergarten)
- Updated RTI charts & probes (in Red SST folder)
We are not alphabetizing permanent files this year because of only one post planning day (this won't happen every year:-).
2015-16 Map & Schedule
- Invitation to Notice
- Invitation to Notice Parts of Speech
- Invitation to Revise
- Invitation to Imitate
Gifted Resource Teacher of the Year
Finish STRONG! The best thing you can do for a peaceful end of the year is to continue planning strong lessons. Ask, "How will I keep my students engaged?" Y'all, I am proud of the work you have done with students. Don't let up.
Shorts for Field Day
Yes! You may wear shorts for Field Day (your grade's field day only). Shorts must be appropriate length. If you are unsure of what that is come see me.
2 hour movies at the end of the year are seldom engaging. Clips which bring out instruction are great at any point in the year. If you have a movie that has been approved by the Media Committee, please run it by Helen and Cindy before showing it.
- We have only 1 Day of post planning.
- You can certainly pack the last week of school while students are not present (Before/after school, planning, Saturday). You may take bulletin boards down/things off of the walls.
- Boxes- If you are moving, labeled boxes will be moved over the summer. Please place the room # the boxes are moving to. They will be placed outside the classroom until carpets are shampooed. Or you can move on your own.
Summer Set Up
Sherri and the custodians will have all classrooms ready by July 6th. After that you can come in and set up your classroom any time you like.
Teacher As Leader
We have a new EIP Rubric procedure. Teachers will complete EIP rubrics on their students this year that will be available for their teacher next year. This will make sure that the rubric is filled out by a teacher who really knows the child after a year together. A couple of points:
- Your grade level RTI facilitator knows about this and can give you more information
- Fill these out! EIP does exist to help serve kids. It does not exist to give all kids pull-out services.
- If we have a child who needs high level support we do find a way for pull out
- Serving students in EIP earns us factions of teacher points. Those add up! However, they are delayed a year. The students we serve next year earn us fractions of teacher points for 2016-17. Seems like a long way off? Not when we get there.
2015 Teaching and Learning Conference
This year GCPS will host the first annual summer conference for Teachers!
To view the complete course listing, click on the link below:
- Registration Dates April 17 – May 8, 2015
- Log into your employee Portal
- Click “Tools”
- Click “2015 Teaching and Learning Conference” to begin Registration
- June 16 – 18, 2015, 8:00am – 1:15pm, Instructional Support Center