Jackson Schools: We Need Subs
We are Looking for Substitute Teachers, Paras, Drivers/Aides
Would You Like to Help Support Jackson School District Students AND Earn Great Pay for Yourself?
Being a substitute is a rewarding way to earn money while helping kids! Immediate openings are available.
Substitute Teachers & Paras - HOW TO APPLY
Substitute teachers and paraprofessionals in the Jackson School District are hired directly through a substitute placement service called ESS. You will fill out an application through ESS, then select our district as a place you'd like to work.
- YOU get to choose the days you want to work
- YOU get to choose your preferred class assignment (e.g. elementary, middle school)
"What I like about being a sub is making a difference in students' lives one day at a time,
having a flexible schedule, and working with a great staff."
- Kathleen Shindle, Jackson Substitute Teacher
- $125 per day
- Work in one building 3-5 days per week
- You can stay in the same building assignment
- Our greatest need is in grades K-8
- Requirements = Criminal background check, and 60 college credits or NJ Certification in Teaching
- $74.25 per day
- 5 days per week in one school building
- Requirement = Criminal background check, HS diploma and district-provided training
Substitute Bus Drivers & Van Aides - How to Apply
Substitute drivers and van aides in the Jackson School District are hired by the district.
You will fill out an application through the Jackson School District's substitute job openings on Applitrack, then select our district as a place you'd like to work.
Substitute Bus Drivers
- $18.50 per hour starting salary
- Requirements: HS Diploma or GED, CDL w P&S Endorsement (will train if you don't have CDL), criminal background check
- Great starting pay, flexible hours, free training
- See School Bus Driver Job Description for other requirements and info
We're Looking to Add Some Drivers to the Family - See Our Video
Jackson School District Health and Safety Protocols
We realize that you might have some questions or concerns about the ways we are working to keep our students and staff safe.
We encourage you to view our District COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols.