Embryonic Stem Cell Research
Why I chose this person?
I chose this person because I am very interested in the fields of science that include chemistry and biology. Shinya Yamanaka is a renown scientist that has helped further develop the understanding of genetics. Yamanaka is very proactive by overcoming challenges that he faced in the science world. As a scientist he does not fall into peer pressure because he must have confidence in himself and his abilities to create scientific breakthroughs.
- Earned a Ph.D in pharmacology.
- Massry Prize
- King Faisal International Prize
- Robert Koch Prize
- Albany Medical Center Prize
- Wolf Prize in Medicine
- Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences
- Albert Lasker award for basic medical research
- Gairdner Foundation International
- Millennium Technology Prize
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
Good Mentoring Abilities
- Dr. Yamanaka is very experienced and is well known
- Very smart and Well educated
- Offers help to others in the lab
- Collaborates with many other people
- Mentors in the lab
- Values working with others
Interview with Nobel winner Shinya Yamanaka