Happy New Year!!
Here are some upcoming dates to remember:
January 26th - January 29th: Regents Week
January 29th: End of MP 4/Semester 1
February 1st: Start of Semester 2
Financial Aid Information ...
Please be sure you know the financial aid deadlines for your perspective colleges. See your counselor if you have any questions regarding financial aid or if you need help completing the FAFSA form (www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Financial Aid Night - January 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM in the CHS library. The presentation will be facilitated by financial aid experts from Siena College.
- SUNY Financial Aid Days will be held on Saturday, January 16th and Saturday, February 20th at various locations across New York State, including SUNY Adirondack. Register at www.suny.edu/studentevents or by calling: 1 (800)-342-3811.
Scholarship Information ...
Here are some tips for you as you complete scholarship applications ...
- Be aware of individual deadlines.
- If you need a letter of recommendation or a transcript, make sure you ask for them well in advance.
- Students are responsible for mailing in completed scholarship applications to the necessary organization.
- If you need assistance, please ask!
Saratoga County Educational Local 864: Eligible applicants must be graduating seniors who are children of employees represented by Local 864. There will be three awards given (Academic Achievement Award, Community Service Awards, and the Charles Luch Memorial Award). Applications are available in the Counseling Office. Deadline: April 1, 2016
Annual Mae Richardson Memorial Scholarship: Eligible applicants must be graduating seniors who are a resident in the Town of Greenfield (Greenfield Center included), Porter Corners, Middle Grove, or the Town of Corinth. Applications are available in the Counseling Office. Deadline: April 1, 2016
2016 HRCCU College Scholarship: Eligible applicants must be a HRCCU member-in-good-standing and plan to attend an accredited college/university in the fall of 2016. Application is available online. Deadline: April 8, 2016
2016 HRCCU Making Life Better Community Service Award: Eligible applicant must plan to attend an accredited college/university in the fall of 2016 and be a HRCCU member-in-good-standing. Applicant must have community service experience and a letter that validates community service experience. Application is available online. Deadline: April 8, 2016