We're looking for a charismatic Junior Developer to join our growing R&D team!
We care about our people. As simple as that sounds, it's true. In the world today, we know that your job is only one of the many aspects of life that give you fulfillment.
Like other tech companies, we provide excellent compensation and benefits, but what makes Smore special is our unique culture. Smore truly values productivity over hours spent working. Whether you're an artist, a parent, or a part-time circus performer, you can do it all and work at Smore.
We believe in dedicated work, but not in working long hours or clocking in on your weekend. It's important to us that our employees spend time with their loved ones and pursue every avenue that brings them joy! We're all better for it.
Being a part of Smore ultimately means working in a small team, doing big things, and having an outsize impact on the way that millions of people across the globe communicate!
What you'll be doing
Smore is the world's friendliest newsletter tool. Millions of people across the globe use Smore to create better newsletters, and we've built a fast-growing business, devoted to empowering our customers.We're looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build the future of newsletters.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Support teams as well as other members of the Engineering team to solve business & technical challenges in simple, sustainable ways.
- Keep performance and scale in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously, and the amount of data we process is huge and exponentially increasing.
- Work in fast iterations and get things shipped quickly.
- Write high-quality backend and frontend code in a high-performance environment, complete with code reviews, tests, and all the other goodies.
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting-edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, Go, Svelte, Google Cloud services, AWS, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more.
- Work with all parts of the tech stack, hack together quick solutions, and experiment with new technologies.
- Have fun while doing all of the above!
- Fluent English
- 2+ years of professional, full-time development experience
- Software engineering degree or equivalent / Technological unit alumni
- Curiosity - You've got a strong desire to learn new things and a strong interest in the latest technologies.
- Laziness - You hate repetitive work, and have an urge to automate everything.
- Humility - There's no need to show off. And if you don't know something, ask. Be chill and be happy.
- Attention to detail and a passion to build the best software.
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team and self-directed manner.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with modern web frameworks and services
- Experience with:
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with modern databases
- Working and contributing to Open Source projects
- An eye for good design, typography and products
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
Smore is a small company, which means we value input, regardless of role or seniority. Really.
We're always learning, evolving and iterating — all in service of creating great tools for our users.
How To Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name + position you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Include your resume and short description yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for the position.
Good luck!! :)
Click the follow button on the right to be the first to know about open positions.
Come join the Smore team. If you're passionate about beautiful products, drop us a line.