by: Kaitlyn Flores
This graph shows how Autism has grown among children in the past 40 years.
This graph gives shows an estimated amount of kids in each state that have Autism.
This graph shows the amount of money that is spent each year on this disease(s).
Facts about Autism:
· Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
· Autism prevalence figures are growing
· Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
· Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
· Boys are nearly 5x more likely than girls to have autism
· There is no medical detection or a cure for autism
· Autism greatly varies from person to person (no two people with autism are alike)
· About 40% of children with autism don’t speak. About 25-30% of children with autism have some words at 12 to 18 months of age and then lose them, others might speak, but not until later in their childhood.