The Spartan Special
Southwestern Consolidated Schools of Shelby County
August 22, 2019
Help us ensure our Spartans' safety
Southwestern's Throwback Thursday
Source: Southwestern Junior - Senior High School. The Shield, 1970. Missouri: American Yearbook Company, 1970. Print. Archives, SWCSD Yearbook Library.
Spartans in the Media
Congratulations, Mr. Oswalt!
SWSH Drama Club Cast List Announced!
Sunshine Society's Bonfire Night
Where is SW Spartie?
Scenes from the Spartan Classroom
Spartans 'Speed' through Current Events
4th graders identify Context Clues
5th graders collaborate with peers
8th Grade Science
School Counselor Corner
Interested in joining our team?
Be a SW Athletic Booster Club Member!
Spartan Athletics Calendar
Lady Spartan Cross Country
Spartan Cross Country
Lady Spartan Volleyball
Student Medication Information
- The parent or legal custodian must fill out an AUTHORIZATION TO DISPENSE MEDICATION form before school officials may dispense medication to student.
- All prescription medication should be kept in the original container bearing the student's name, date filled, prescription number, specific directions for administering medication, and physician's name (by doing this - a signature from the doctor on an authorization form is not necessary). At your request, the pharmacy will print you a duplicate label and 28 provide an extra bottle for school use.
- OTC medication should be kept in the original container, and with student's name on the bottle. Manufacturer dosage and storage instructions must be clearly marked on the container.
- All medication is to be brought to school by the parent or legal custodian.
- NO MEDICATION IS TO BE TRANSPORTED ON THE SCHOOL BUS; otherwise school personnel will not dispense it.
- Students with acute or chronic disease or medical conditions will be allowed to possess and self- administer medication, if the parent files an annual authorization that includes a written statement from the physician. a. Medication must be picked up at the end of the school year. All medication that is not picked up will be discarded when school is out for the summer. No medication is allowed to be transported on the bus.
- All medication must be FDA approved, or accompanied by a physician's order. Medications will be given by the school nurse or designated school employee. Medications kept at school will be kept in a secured location. All parent notes and physician notes will be kept on file. All permission notes will expire at the end of the school year or at the designated time, whichever comes first.
Stay Connected with SWE PTO on Facebook @PTOSWES
Spartan Cupboard Food Pantry
- Canned Food Items (vegetables, fruits, soups, beans, ravioli, tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Breakfast Items (oatmeal, cereals, pancake mix, and syrup)
- Boxed Food Items (macaroni & cheese, ramen noodles, pastas, beef stroganoff, rice, etc.)
- Personal Care Items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushes, and toothpaste)
- Fresh & Frozen Food items (milk, eggs, cheese, bread, and a variety of meats)
For more information regarding the Spartan Cupboard, contact Southwestern Elementary School at (317) 729-5320 or Southwestern Junior - Senior High School at (317) 729-5122.
See it, Report it!
You and your child can easily report tips on bullying, harassment, drugs, vandalism, or any safety issue you're concerned about through SafeSchools Alert. Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so that they can investigate and take appropriate action. And, tips may also be submitted anonymously if you prefer. Together, using SafeSchools Alert, we can make our district a safer place to work and learn! Thanks in advance for your support!
Stay Connected with SW's Mobile App!
C.A.R.E. Club New EZ Payment
Southwestern Consolidated School District's Wellness Committee has been hard at work, through the previous years, developing a Wellness Policy that adheres to the USDA guidelines and is in the best interest of our students and staff. You can view this policy and the assessment of the policy by logging on to the Food Service Homepage of our school website, www.swshelby.k12.in.us. If you wish to be a part of the Wellness Committee, please contact Mrs. Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWE Breakfast Menu
SWHS Breakfast Menu
SWE August Lunch Menu
SWHS August Lunch Menu
Want Daily Updates? Follow us on Social Media!
Send Us Your Spartan Special Moments!
Our community is extremely proud of the many accomplishments and positive stories involving the students, teachers, staff and programs at Southwestern Consolidated Schools of Shelby County that we may not always get to hear. If you would like to have your positive story shared with the Spartan Nation, please send the details to Mrs. Lindsay Chase, Curriculum and Communications Director. We would love to share your positive stories that include personal achievements of your child such as serving as a volunteer in a non-profit organization, earning awards or recognition in 4-H, earning badges in Girl Scouts, etc, etc. You may just see your story in a future edition of "The Spartan Special" or in The Shelbyville News! We want to celebrate our Spartans. You can't hide that Spartan pride!