Getting hooked ?
What is phishing?
Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and sometimes, indirectly, money) by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication, such as spam e-mail(most common), social web sites, etc. If you follow their commands you can get hooked and also have a big trouble.
How can I avoid phishing?
With these tips below, I going to give you some ideas how to avoid getting hooked;
- Whatch out for spam(phishy) e-mails. Most e-mail websites use proction agains spam emails, by direct them into a e-mail box which is divided from your main mail box.
- Don`t click on the links in those e-mails that asks for your personal details.
- Never enter your personal information in a pop-up screen.
- Try to communicate, peoples who know what to do, incase you got hooked.
- Be calm in every situation!
Be careful !
I hope I could help you whit these short tips, always be careful with adverts on social sites( facebook), and make sure to never ever click on those spam e-mail links.