Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
December 15, 2014
- This will be the last week for graded work in my class for Quarter 2, as report cards are going to be coming out after winter break is finished. Please make sure your child has all homework and assignments turned in and I will update the grade book over vacation. Thanks!
- Please remember to return the 4th grade field trip permission slips for the Cleveland Museum of Natural History with $6.00. Our trip is on Friday, December 19th.
- I have included some websites about place value for the students to practice with at home. We played a few games at school, so they should be familiar with it!
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
Last week, Dakota had the most Class Dojo points and he is our new VIP! Congratulations!
Thank you to Alex for being our new Teacher Helper!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We are comparing the values of numbers in our place value unit and we will review how to round numbers.
- Reading - We are almost finished our unit about myths, allusions, and theme. We are also having a lot of fun and some great discussions in our weekly "Book Clubs!"
- Writing - We are finishing our research projects about Native American Indian tribes. There are no more word or spelling tests until after winter break!
- Science - The students have now switched classrooms to be in Mrs. Ruesch's environmental science class for a few weeks! Please check your student's agenda nightly in case there is science homework to complete.