December 19, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- There was a Band Rehearsal on Monday during school.
- Orchestra Rehearsal was today.
- We had a delayed opening today and at the end of the day, we held our Winter Sing-Along. It was the perfect way to get ready for the Winter Holidays. Thank you to our music staff and students, all the parents and guardians who have driven music students to early rehearsals, our teachers and staff (especially Mr. Jerry and his Custodial Crew) for their support, and our entire student body for their jubilant participation!
- Homerooms have been having winter holiday parties throughout the week. We thank our Homeroom Parents for their service leadership in providing fun (and yummy) homeroom events to close the 2019 calendar year!
- Sewing Club meets tomorrow at 7:30 AM.
- Tomorrow we have early dismissal for students. Dismissal is at 12:25 PM. There is no PM Kindergarten tomorrow.
What's Happening Next?
- We return to school after Winter Break on January 2, 2020.
- Peer Mentors have a meeting on Monday, January 6 until 4:45 p.m. (rescheduled from Monday, December 16).
- Kindness Club meets on Monday, January 6 until 5 p.m.
- Sewing Club meets on Friday, January 10 at 7:30 a.m.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
Returning to Substitute Teach
Lost and Not Found
Warwick Holiday Giving Projects
During this holiday season, we support Warwick families with a couple of projects. From the generosity of our staff and families, we provided families with gifts for the holiday. Additionally, we collected 351 hats, mittens and scarves from Warwick families and PTO donated 86 earmuffs for a grand total of 437 clothing items for the chilly months to come.
Boomerang Video Project ReQUEST!
This school year, students and staff at Warwick Elementary will produce a Boomerang Special Announcement to support nominations for Asset 17, Creative Activities: Young person spends 3 or more hours per week in lessons or practicing music, theater, or the arts. As a coordinator, I will be taking photos of actors and singers preparing for our school play, students practicing for band and orchestra, as well as Art class at Warwick Elementary. When I have discussed this with students, they have shared with me that they are involved in many arts-related programs outside of school, such as acting, art, martial arts, dance, and more. We would like to collect photos of your children practicing creative activities outside of school. Please email related photos to me at email@example.com with the subject line, “Asset 17.” Photos collected may be used in a video that will be shared with the Warwick school community, as well as other district schools. Please forward photos via email by tomorrow.
Mr. SidelinkerQUEST teacher
December Reading Connections
Get Ready for Winter Break BINGO!
Warwick's December Library Newsletter
Kindergarten registration begins on November 19! Families of new students who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year are invited to begin the registration process. Get the details on eligibility, what documents to gather, and how to navigate the online registration process at www.cbsd.org/registration. We look forward to welcoming the class of 2032!
Dr. Kopicki's Community Connections
Thursday, Jan. 16th 2020 at 6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
NOTE DATE CHANGE
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.