Be True To Dover
May Newsletter- Volume 2
Thank you for Voting!
Although the NO vote, we anticipated, did not prevail (975-689) Be True To Dover believes we made a difference. It is important for citizens to pay attention, get involved and engage in local politics.
1. There are great people in Dover...smart, talented, hard working people willing to take time out of their busy lives to work on Town politics!
2. Our Town Officials are to be held accountable for what was promised at Town Meeting. Negotiating a lease with the MBTA that includes favorable terms for all citizens is of vital importance. Since there is no lease yet, citizens need to be aware of decisions being made at upcoming committee and board meetings.
3. Taking the high road can be difficult but always worth it in the end. Being respectful of other people's views is necessary for a strong community. Core values of truth, transparency and thoughtfulness are of great importance.
4. People should not be afraid to have a strong voice, even if that opinion is different from the larger group.
5. Staying informed about Town politics and happenings is hard work, getting involved is even harder. But without involvement you end up with a Town being run by the same people year after year and that isn't a healthy environment for change and progress.
What's Next? Get Involved!
There are many positions open for appointment by both the Board of Selectmen and the Town Moderator.
The Selectmen will appoint:
One person to the Board of Fire Engineers
Two people to the Board of Appeals
One person to the Board of Registrars
Four people to the Conservation Commission
Four people to the Council on Aging
Two people to Open Space Committee
Two people to the Personnel Board
Two people to the Recycling Committee
The Moderator will appoint:
Three people to the Warrant Committee
One person to the Personnel Board
Two people to Long Range Planning Committee
Please call the Town House 508-785-0032 ext. 221 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Visit the Town website on a regular basis. You can find meeting minutes and agendas for all committees and town offices on the website.